News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

This is what I meant - it doesn't really make sense for AC to have these routes out of Calgary as Westjet serves so many destinations out of there. Since in Edmonton we don't have as many of the WJ routes, there could be ridership for them. Anyways, one can dream and I will have to continue to connect wherever I go.

Yep true. And WestJet will continue to add more Domestic, US & International flights ✈️ at Calgary YYC it’s main Hub in Canada 🇨🇦. While Lynx, Flair & others fills in the gaps on Air Canada cuts at YYC.

Even with all the AC cuts, YYC will still do just fine✅!

German friends of ours still found it cheaper to fly KLM from YEG to Schipol and then take the train to wherever in Germany they go…..small town near Stuttgart I believe. Then it was to take Condor to Frankfurt and then the train.

German friends of ours still found it cheaper to fly KLM from YEG to Schipol and then take the train to wherever in Germany they go…..small town near Stuttgart I believe. Then it was to take Condor to Frankfurt and then the train.
Good to know they have options

It's a little bit of luck, on the day you decide to purchase and travel.
Flying Condor was about $400 cheaper for me than it was KLM, for when I decided to go.
But it's great that we now can at least have that discussion. Hopefully we'll add at least another European route in the near future and have even more options

Yes. AC threw a fit and cancelled 898/899 to/from Heathrow.
It is so sad that we have been left in Air Canada Purgatory. I for one think we have said enough Hail Marys and deserve penance from Air Canada. Hello AC how about some London Heathrow for YEG!

Last edited:
Capture.PNG

Back