News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

That sounds very appealing, but my feet are nailed to the floor until I finish half-a-dozen current projects and I might not be finished by mid-June (case in point... I feel like taking the day off today to examine "the bent-back tulips" and to ponder my existence). We are probably going to have to wait until I can fly Air Canada (have you seen their no-crash record) to Edmonton this summer.

There is a HUGE opportunity for AC to gain significant customers in Edmonton. with Calgary being Westjets hub and HQ, AC should be going after EIA.

Remember when AC threw a huge embarassing hissyfit when YEG announced Icelandair a number of years back?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

(God I miss Icelandair)

Actually AC did give YYC something - cuts to services. According IceCream a poster on Airliners who reviewed the new AC schedule “AC is cutting YYC-PHX/LAS/YHZ/OGG/PVR”. That is cancellation of 5 routes.

This is what I meant - it doesn't really make sense for AC to have these routes out of Calgary as Westjet serves so many destinations out of there. Since in Edmonton we don't have as many of the WJ routes, there could be ridership for them. Anyways, one can dream and I will have to continue to connect wherever I go.

Any Av Geeks out there who know airline points programs to a tee? Lets pretend my neighbor knows someone who knows someone who might have to fly to the Middle East every month - return. What is the best program(s) to use? AC to London via YVR and BA or AC to Dubai? KLM"s blue points to Amsterdam and Qatar airlines to Doha? Btw, WJ and YYC are NOT options!! No Middle East city in particular, but let's use Dubai, Doha, Abud Dhabi and Kuwait City for now.

This is what I meant - it doesn't really make sense for AC to have these routes out of Calgary as Westjet serves so many destinations out of there. Since in Edmonton we don't have as many of the WJ routes, there could be ridership for them. Anyways, one can dream and I will have to continue to connect wherever I
I'm looking forward to my first experience with them, probably in August, but may be in July. So many great connections... It'll be only 12 hrs to Zagreb <3
Keep us posted on how the booking goes, notifications of changes and most importantly the flight experience. Lucky you going to Zagreb - a bucket list city for me.

Keep us posted on how the booking goes, notifications of changes and most importantly the flight experience. Lucky you going to Zagreb - a bucket list city for me.
I'm doing Zagreb, Belgrade, Sofia and Burgas (Bulgaria). Super excited.
So far I've got it booked for August, and it was really easy. I might need to adjust to July, so I'll keep everyone here posted.

Zagreb is a great city, was there last September. Make sure to check out Tunel Grič 👍
I'll add that to my list of places to visit.
All in all, this Condor flight is quite handy for getting to Eastern Europe, in general. I'm already planning more trips to the region. They're not expensive either, depending on where you're going. My YEG-FRA-ZAG, SOF-FRA-YEG came out for just a shade under $1400.
Frankfurt is great for connecting, in general, and I heard good things about the airport, itself, as well.

“Amsterdam – Edmonton eff 29OCT23 3 weekly 777-200ER, replaces A330-200.”
Nice to read YEG remains in the schedule.

“Amsterdam – Edmonton eff 29OCT23 3 weekly 777-200ER, replaces A330-200.”
Nice to read YEG remains in the schedule.

Yep & Calgary YYC will also get KLM Boeing 777 service to Amsterdam AMS from Western Canada in Winter 2023 too✅ .While Vancouver YVR - AMS will be on the KLM A330.

*If* I’m not mistaken KLM A330’s has had mechanical problems during previous winter seasons operating to Alberta. With a few stuck at YYC overnight & ferrying back to AMS the next day.

Plus KLM has plans to retire it’s A330 fleet by 2025. https://simpleflying.com/klm-early-a...30-retirement/

Back