News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Came across this at the rents tonight. Would it be the inaugural tour of the 747 at YYZ for AC? My father was a weather-guy there.

DSC02068.JPG

Got stuck at YEG on Thursday because my flight to Vancouver and onward was canceled. Watched the 747 bus come through. Happy to say it appeared to be 75% full coming and going. And it is timed well to meet up with the Leduc Bus.

Note to self try not to fly during the spring break rush.

My flight to Terrace BC was supposed to take 4 hours total. 13 hours later I got to my location. But having a good travel arranger is worth someone's money. As soon as my flight was canceled and AC couldn't get me to my destination in time, my booking agent got me on Westjet through Calgary. YYC is starting to look run down. Had time to do a bit of a walk through. A side not we did take off but had to return to YEG when a warning light went off.

Got stuck at YEG on Thursday because my flight to Vancouver and onward was canceled. Watched the 747 bus come through. Happy to say it appeared to be 75% full coming and going. And it is timed well to meet up with the Leduc Bus.

Note to self try not to fly during the spring break rush.

My flight to Terrace BC was supposed to take 4 hours total. 13 hours later I got to my location. But having a good travel arranger is worth someone's money. As soon as my flight was canceled and AC couldn't get me to my destination in time, my booking agent got me on Westjet through Calgary. YYC is starting to look run down. Had time to do a bit of a walk through. A side not we did take off but had to return to YEG when a warning light went off.
You got that right!!! Those older terminals are brutal! But their new terminal isn't much better with their little golf carts - which I never use. But even the walk is bizarre, uneven concrete with weird on/off walking ramps. Bathrooms hard to find...weird little alcoves....hate it all. Don't get me started on WS - ground terminal for their Q-400's - 3rd world country down there...

I was hard since I was involved with the construction of both YEG and YYC (Not the international Terminal). Yah YEG has less traffic but still looks much better.

Sounds like the airport solar installation is starting construction this year.

Article is unclear but potentially the cargo hub project will also start construction this year?

The cargo hub is a wonderful idea and all but I don’t see the business case for it Sounds kind of speculative so one can only assume they presented a strong business case to the feds.

And hopefully once the new overpass in/out of Leduc is completed the retail component will be encouraged to grow. I was driving around the airport area a couple days ago and I feel that the potential is there, just needs a few more elements to densify the area overall.
Aside from a couple more hotels, I'm wondering what other businesses could fit well into the retail /commercial properties out there?

The cargo hub is a wonderful idea and all but I don’t see the business case for it Sounds kind of speculative so one can only assume they presented a strong business case to the feds.
Edmonton has had something like 6 million sq ft of industrial space built and leased over the past year ish and its mostly all distribution (I.e. cargo). I don't think it's speculative, I think there's an actual cost advantage that we're seeing play out with many big players and YEG will become much more of a cargo airport than we're used to.

Edmonton has had something like 6 million sq ft of industrial space built and leased over the past year ish and its mostly all distribution (I.e. cargo). I don't think it's speculative, I think there's an actual cost advantage that we're seeing play out with many big players and YEG will become much more of a cargo airport than we're used to.
If one constructs an office tower without having a tenant lined up it is speculative the same goes for a business park or a cargo facility. If they do have someone in mind I would like to know who it is.

Back