News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Yes I'm also 1 of them. Me & my family are still not really comfortable flying Swoop/Flair yet. Leisurely with in Canada 🇨🇦 Is just okay. But we found out changes/ cancellations with them do happen✅!

We flew Swoop for 1st time on September Friday 23 2022 Edmonton YEG to Toronto YYZ for a couple days trip & returned trip was also on Swoop from YYZ - YEG on October 1.

The September 23 YEG - YYZ was the our original schedule flight & was not charged or cancelled. Which was good.

Although Swoop cancelled our evening flight Saturday October 1, (as originally when we could of still had half a Saturday to enjoy YYZ).
But we did managed return to YEG on a "consolidated" afternoon Swoop flight from YYZ the same day,so that we were not stuck there.

We usually fly WestJet. And sometimes Air Canada. Swoop was our 1st time in 2022 to fly with a Ultra-Low Cost Carrier (ULCC).

Are there public records anywhere in terms of flight cancellation rates per airline?

Hmm, he's 0-3 and I'm 6-6 with a 7th coming up.
I've flown Flair from YEG to YVR once RT, YOW once one way, YYZ twice RT and YKF three times RT and had much more positive than negative expeirences overall, especially for the price paid compared to what you get with AC or WS (not much more for much more money).

I can deal with the odd delay or rescheduled flight if my plane ticket is cheap.

Another case of WS’s desperate business plan….now offering up to 12 dailies to Saskatoon and Regina? Screams of desperation trying to put economy bums in their 787’s.

Well Air Canada has cut flights ✈️ between Alberta & Saskatchewan, Canada 🇨🇦. And WestJet has stepped up to fill some of these frequencies which is good 👍 & Flair & along with few other airlines will too.

Last edited:
Well Air Canada has cut flights ✈️ between Alberta & Saskatchewan, Canada 🇨🇦. And WestJet has stepped up to fill some of these frequencies which is good 👍 & Flair & along with few other airlines will too.
Uh oh! Your use of emojis and name are almost identical to a YYC extremist on the SSP thread……ever heard of CalFan123?

2022 Number are out. Looks like YEG had just shy of 5.4 million on the year.

Dec 2022 Numbers

Terminal Traffic: 515,147 passengers (5,380,346 Year-to-date)
Domestic 402,053 passengers (4,676,738 Year-to-date)
Transborder 59,245 passengers (429,941 year-to-date)
International 53,849 passengers (273,667 year-to-date)

December numbers were lower in 2022 as a percentage of Dec 2019 (80.1%) likely due to all the weather and cancellation issues faced around the holiday season. The months prior Nov (85.1%) and Oct (84.9%) are more indicative of a comparison for where things stand.

If we look at full year 2022 terminal traffic compared to 2019 it works out to 70.3%.

Onwards to 2023 where massive YOY growth should be seen in Q1 as 2022 traffic was still quite COVID depressed.

Rumor has it that WestJet will be announcing a pilot base at YEG.

2022 Number are out. Looks like YEG had just shy of 5.4 million on the year.

Dec 2022 Numbers

Terminal Traffic: 515,147 passengers (5,380,346 Year-to-date)
Domestic 402,053 passengers (4,676,738 Year-to-date)
Transborder 59,245 passengers (429,941 year-to-date)
International 53,849 passengers (273,667 year-to-date)

December numbers were lower in 2022 as a percentage of Dec 2019 (80.1%) likely due to all the weather and cancellation issues faced around the holiday season. The months prior Nov (85.1%) and Oct (84.9%) are more indicative of a comparison for where things stand.

If we look at full year 2022 terminal traffic compared to 2019 it works out to 70.3%.

Onwards to 2023 where massive YOY growth should be seen in Q1 as 2022 traffic was still quite COVID depressed.

EIA includes FBO numbers in their total, so it would be 5,849,674 for the year.

Rumor has it that WestJet will be announcing a pilot base at YEG.

EIA includes FBO numbers in their total, so it would be 5,849,674 for the year.
Indeed it appears a crew base will be operational this spring which is exciting for a lot of reasons.

I do see they include FBO traffic but I have mostly tried to look strictly at terminal traffic as I was led to believe at one point in time (perhaps wrongly?) that most other airports only include terminal passengers in their figures so always thought it best for fair comparison sake.

What used to be here again?

---
Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
12,931 followers
6h • Edited • 6 hours ago

This week we celebrated the Grand Opening of Tap & Pour Gastropub, located in the US Departures Lounge. We are proud of the hard work from SSP America and our staff that worked to open this establishment in late 2022. The craft menu boasts a selection of comfort food, local draft beers and cocktails. Kick back in leather seating and enjoy the cozy pub atmosphere reminiscent of the past. For more information visit:

Crew base was already mentioned above.

We'll have to see how WestJet positions itself.

If WestJet adds everywhere Swoop flew last summer, that would be a start.

Because WestJet mainline and Flair do not target exactly the same type of flyer, there is room for both. And let's be honest, we have Flair to thank for WestJet's rumored new attention on YEG. For this reason, I think many commentors see the value of Flair, i.e. the value of a competitive marketplace (which we should have had years ago, but that's a story for another day).

Back