News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Those are painfully scary for Flair but Denver absolutely crushing it as expected.

People must not be feeling comfortable flying with Flair.

A buddy and I used Flair for a trip to California in Nov (flew to SF) - it was so cheap and only about half full. And when a friend heard we had flown Flair he said are you crazy- they cancel flights all the time.

I haven't experienced that on my Flair flights (Toronto and Van). Although I will say some of their flight times aren't the best.

Only option return home from Vancouver on a Sunday is 7am.

I was wondering why Swoop's Las Vegas numbers were better than Flair's. Is people's perception of Swoop over Flair better or was there more going on than that (flight times as mentioned above, less flights on Swoop, prices, etc.)?

In the spring and early summer there was ongoing fear about Flair's operating certificate due to Canadian ownership rules, which got sorted out later, but likely some lingering uncertainty reflected in the June numbers. Interesting to see that Flair has doggedly stuck to their transborder offering from YEG. While Swoop has apparently ended many services. I think Flair is working hard to demonstrate to the marketplace that they are here to stay, but it may take time for that message to sink in.

Reactions: TAS
If WestJet chases AC out the dream would be to have AC fly them out of Edmonton, seeing as the Edmonton to Gatwick flight by WestJet isn't returning.

Pretty wishful thinking though, but It would be nice to get to the UK without having to transit through Calgary.
Everyone we know flys through YYZ.

Just from stories I’ve heard it’s been hit or miss in the same way with Swoop or Flair on delays/cancellations but it has been good to see Flair toughing it out and hopefully they are rewarded for that.

Domestically they have enough frequencies that you don’t need to worry as much about being stranded. I understand to a degree with lower frequencies and not having partner airlines it can be a bit of a scarier proposition.

My good (expat) buddy living in Toronto has tried to fly Flair three times:

1. Flight cancelled, rescheduled 12hrs later due to 'operational issues'
2. Flight delayed ~4 hrs, no reason
3. Flight no longer exists due to route cancellation.

Needless to say, he will not try again.

My good (expat) buddy living in Toronto has tried to fly Flair three times:

1. Flight cancelled, rescheduled 12hrs later due to 'operational issues'
2. Flight delayed ~4 hrs, no reason
3. Flight no longer exists due to route cancellation.

Needless to say, he will not try again.

Hmm, he's 0-3 and I'm 6-6 with a 7th coming up.

I am 3/3. One of the flights was 1.5 hours delayed but while a bit of a nuisance I won’t ding them for it. But it does seem to be a bit of a theme for flights later in the delay that have gotten behind from earlier flights falling behind schedule.

For the price that type of thing is palatable but the outright cancellations and not being rescheduled for days is painful. Question remains at the prices they are charging will they be able to increase that reliability and consumer confidence?

With the arrival of the new year brings the official commencement of Myron Keehn’s tenure as CEO at Edmonton Airport Authority. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/edmo...2-rlez?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

We used to do some predictions for YEG for the year (I think on connect2Edmonton?) and I would like to do that for anyone interested. 3 questions. 1 - prediction for Total Terminal passengers for 2023
2 - One new route you think will be announced within 2023
3 - A wildcard prediction

I’ll go first:

1- 7.1 Million
2- MSP on Delta
3 - The new master plan will be released and show then old control/office tower will be demolished once Flair HQ moves out eventually.
F8 is moving out temporarily to the new tower then the old one will be completely renovated so F8 AC and WS can move their offices in there. The current locations down by the trans border check ins will be removed. The trans border check ins will all move closer to US customs and domestic/international check ins will take over their spots.

People must not be feeling comfortable flying with Flair.

A buddy and I used Flair for a trip to California in Nov (flew to SF) - it was so cheap and only about half full. And when a friend heard we had flown Flair he said are you crazy- they cancel flights all the time.

I haven't experienced that on my Flair flights (Toronto and Van). Although I will say some of their flight times aren't the best.

Only option return home from Vancouver on a Sunday is 7am.

Yes I'm also 1 of them. Me & my family are still not really comfortable flying Swoop/Flair yet. Leisurely with in Canada 🇨🇦 Is just okay. But we found out changes/ cancellations with them do happen✅!

We flew Swoop for 1st time on September Friday 23 2022 Edmonton YEG to Toronto YYZ for a couple days trip & returned trip was also on Swoop from YYZ - YEG on October 1.

The September 23 YEG - YYZ was the our original schedule flight & was not changed or cancelled. Which was good.

Although Swoop cancelled our evening flight Saturday October 1, (as originally when we could of still had half a Saturday to enjoy YYZ).
But we did managed return to YEG on a "consolidated" afternoon Swoop flight from YYZ the same day,so that we were not stuck there.

We usually fly WestJet. And sometimes Air Canada. Swoop was our 1st time in 2022 to fly with a Ultra-Low Cost Carrier (ULCC).

Last edited:
Another case of WS’s desperate business plan….now offering up to 12 dailies to Saskatoon and Regina? Screams of desperation trying to put economy bums in their 787’s.

Back