News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

With mandatory vax ending as per announcement today, that will drive a big uptick, even more than we're already seeing. Expect planes to be pretty crowded in the near to mid term future.
Understatement of the century... So far! Delta airlines is near collapse under its own success. Aka overselling tickets on flights it can't possibly offer due to pilot overwork... A nice issue to have no doubt but clearly a bipolar sign of things to come in an industry slammed by record fuel costs (only moderated by the fact they buy in bulk one year in advance as an industry practice) and demand that varies between over-sold and ghost flights... I was planning on a Los Angeles summer trip for sh*ts and giggles this summer but because of the demand spike and price gouging? It's a summer of prairie populist road trips! First stop? Saskatoon for AQUA July 13! And no I make no bones in my unabashed love for this Norwegian-Danish trash pop trio who are DIAMOND selling in Canada, a feat only accomplished by under a dozen other artists which makes these artists scandi-pop gods akin to Gen X ABBA... Diamond Selling Music Artists (Canada)

You most definitely are entitled to compensation for your extra night hotel stay. UK and EU travel laws are pretty explicit about the penalties for late or cancelled flights.

You should also be eligible for financial compensation as well as stipulated under both Canadian and British law.

Here is a third party site that can also help you evaluate and file a claim on your behalf (if you win the claim they collect a fee).

Thank you for this. I've submitted claims for financial compensation (June 10th) and for hotel expense reimbursement (June 12th), so I'm just playing the waiting game at this point. They have 30 days to get back to me for both claims

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 5.33.26 PM.png
Fun with the Great Circle Map of flights and locations I wish Edmonton either has or had in the past that I'd be interested in... Especially Anchorage, Honolulu and Reykjavik because they are hubs that feed into many foreign ULCC's that Edmontonian's could fly if only we were code-shared or had at least a connecting flight...

BTW, these are all flights within the range of the A220-100 (Bombardier C-series) which is 6200 km which means these could be really skinny but popular routes with only 100-130 seats which to me is perfect for a market like Edmonton where even 189 seats in a Boeing 737-800 seems a bit excessive...

On a related note, Norse Atlantic just relaunched. That's the long-haul offshoot of the up and coming Norwegian Airlines that was hit super hard by Scandinavian COVID outbreaks and cross-Atlantic tourism however it's backed and well financed so I have a feeling this would make an ideal flight partner with Edmonton as would Flair if they chose to step up and fill in the KEF flight since then you could transfer to Wizz, Icelandair, Play, Level or any number of cooler niche European players...

I also forgot how large the range of the Dreamliner really is which is why I hope Westjet launches at least one flight from Edmonton to one of the large global air hubs halfway around the world... Preferably DXB but beggars can't be choosers... And one benefit of being this far north? You're that much closer to the rest of the world via the transpolar flight routing... Or at least until very recently... February 2022... For obvious reasons that stopped but even a single regular LHR non-stop would be helpful. I honestly hope the AMS KLM flight isn't affected by today's announcement that the airport and airline are cutting capacity by 20% because of crowding/COVID/HR issues... This would how this week ends for us after FIFAGATE...

Monthly passenger stats May 2022

Terminal Traffic: 467,126 passengers ( 1,699,530 Year-to-date)
Domestic 418,667 passengers (1,444,228 Year-to-date)
Transborder 35,858 passengers (136,645 year-to-date)
International 12,601 passengers (118,657 year-to-date)

Terminal percent growth (%)
Terminal: 584.8% (358.0% Year-to-date)
Domestic 513.8% (292.3% Year-to-date)
Transborder NA% (20083.9%year-to-date)
International NA% (5197.2% year-to-date)

Transborder and International slowed down a lot from April to May with the busy sun travel season winding down.

Back