News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Westjet sells flights only. Westjet Vacations sells packages.
I don't really care. Not flying WestJet unless it's the last company on Earth, and all other transportation modes are not viable.

Had to fly YEG-MSP last weekend. Route was YEG-YVR-MSP, with a 2hr layover in YVR.

Flight to YVR was inexplicably delayed, which would give us less than 1hr of layover (and not enough time to go through security/immigration). They booked us to YYC (a stupid move, as it would only give us an extra 30 min, anyways.) That flight ALSO got delayed, so we missed our connection in YYC.

The only options were overnight stay in Calgary or try our luck in YWG. Because we had to be in MSP early on Sunday for an appointment, we chose YWG.

By that time, we were going to get to MSP over 14hrs later than originally planned.

Flight to YWG got delayed because the people who were gonna WORK IN THE DAMN FLIGHT were over 1hr late to work.

WestJet didn't offer ANYTHING until we actually started to lose our shit with them and even so, they got us only $15 each to eat in YYC (what am I supposed to do with $15, buy a medium coffee?).

Because of the successive delays, we had to sleep in Winnipeg, but it was over 1am when we got there, and they started pushing the blame for the delays on WestJet flights (and the terrible service) on Delta, so by the time they said it would take them 1hr to get the codes for the Hotel vouchers, it was 2am. You do the math, and we would've gotten the vouchers at 3am, to get to the hotel, check in, sleep, check out and be at the airport before 4:30am, as our flight was at 6am.

After all this, the flight they had put us to MSP was full, so we had to fly back to YYC, to catch a flight to MSP, be late for our convention and get there exactly 24h later than we should.

Wooow.... well that makes my recent WestJet ordeal and walk in the park

I was recently in the UK, was supposed to fly back on June 10th. Gatwick to Toronto, then to Edmonton. On June 9th I woke up to an email saying my flight was rebooked for June 11th. They rebooked my flight as Gatwick to Vancouver, 6 hour layover, then Vancouver to Calgary, 40 min layover, then Calgary to Edmonton. Not only did they rebooked my flight, they booked me on the most ridiculous route too.

I called them and was able to have it switched from Heathrow to Calgary, 2 hour layover, then to Edmonton on June 11th instead.

Had to spend an extra night in London because of this. Submitted a hotel reimbursement claim yesterday. We'll see how long this actually takes to get to me.

Not a huge fan of WestJet right now either, but if I actually get reimbursed then I guess it's ok

April Numbers 2021 vs. 2022

Domestic

2021 - 77,569
2022 - 335,874

Transborder

2021 - 0
2022 - 41,771

International

2021 - 0
2022 - 33,013

Terminal Total

2021 - 77,569
2022 - 410,658

I think later this year now that travel restrictions are being removed and sun flights are restored will be a good time to start gauging things against pre-covid. Hopefully airlines and the industry have been able to sort out staffing issues although I don't see the pilot shortage being solved in the short term which could be limiting for YEG.

April Pax Stats From flyeia.com

YEG-YQM

Anybody know what this could be? From the picture it says Europe and Edmonton…CMA offering flights to Europe? They don’t have large planes with the range unless they’re announcing that they acquired planes that could fly that far on June 20…?
Are they re-insisting YEG to Ft.Nelson again? Didn’t think it that was that Europeanesque though……lol

yeg.png

Anybody know what this could be? From the picture it says Europe and Edmonton…CMA offering flights to Europe? They don’t have large planes with the range unless they’re announcing that they acquired planes that could fly that far on June 20…?
The Edmonton bit is an article from their June 2022 release (in reference to Manchester Square).

Had to spend an extra night in London because of this. Submitted a hotel reimbursement claim yesterday. We'll see how long this actually takes to get to me.

Not a huge fan of WestJet right now either, but if I actually get reimbursed then I guess it's ok

You most definitely are entitled to compensation for your extra night hotel stay. UK and EU travel laws are pretty explicit about the penalties for late or cancelled flights.

You should also be eligible for financial compensation as well as stipulated under both Canadian and British law.

Here is a third party site that can also help you evaluate and file a claim on your behalf (if you win the claim they collect a fee).

Last edited:

Back