News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

YEG is doing very well for Summer 2022. Significantly more than previous years. That is why I do not think that one route being delayed is a "big deal".

Here is a quick and dirty analysis I put together for Summer 2022 YEG US Air Service:

DestinationServiceTotal FrequencyApprox. capacity per week
Las VegasSwoop 7x weekly, WestJet 4x weekly, Flair 3x weekly14x weekly2550 seats
Los AngelesWestJet 7x weekly (LAX), Swoop 3x weekly (BUR), Flair 2x weekly (BUR)12x weekly2135 seats
San FranciscoAir Canada 7x weekly, Swoop 4x weekly, Flair 2x weekly13x weekly1764 seats
SeattleAlaska Airlines 7x weekly7x weekly560 seats
NashvilleFlair 2x weekly, Swoop 2x weekly4x weekly756 seats
DenverUnited Airlines 7x weekly7x weekly595 seats
San DiegoSwoop 3x weekly3x weekly567 seats
PhoenixWestJet 1x weekly (PHX) Swoop 1x weekly (AZA),2x weekly359 seats
Palm SpringsSwoop 1x weekly1x weekly189 seats

Notes:
Flair has started many of these services earlier in the year than Swoop, but Swoop offers more peak summer capacity on some routes. The above analysis is a snapshot based on the week of June 6 2022.
Air Canada is returning to YEG-SFO effective April. This is significant for YEG.
Further additions and changes likely given that we are only in February. Apologies if I missed anything.

From SSP:

Calfan12
Also Edmonton’s KLM flights won’t be consolidated with Calgary YYC anymore as of March 27 2022.

That means Edmonton YEG passengers will be key to fill the A330 on KLM 3x weekly nonstops Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for YEG- Amsterdam flights this Summer for it to be successful/has demand.

From SSP:

Calfan12
Also Edmonton’s KLM flights won’t be consolidated with Calgary YYC anymore as of March 27 2022.

That means Edmonton YEG passengers will be key to fill the A330 on KLM 3x weekly nonstops Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for YEG- Amsterdam flights this Summer for it to be successful/has demand.

Sounds like a lot of anti-Edmonton spin happening over there, as Edmonton is and continues to be a hub facility for northern Alberta, so this is not relying solely on Edmonton passengers.

I am happy to see the flight increases though, great work to YEG for sustaining this critical link through the darkest days...

Sounds like a lot of anti-Edmonton spin happening over there, as Edmonton is and continues to be a hub facility for northern Alberta, so this is not relying solely on Edmonton passengers.

I am happy to see the flight increases though, great work to YEG for sustaining this critical link through the darkest days...
That Calfan12 is very anti-YEG so take what they say with a grain of salt.

Cabo, PS, or SD likely in the books as well for some R&R.

It's a flyer's market.
Los Cabos is seasonal and last flight is 30 April. Swoop previously prior to covid showed year round once weekly to CUN, PVR and Los Cabos but are not at this time.

Back