Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 4.17.03 PM.png

Oh you're referring to white portland cement - that's a special type of portland cement with some adjustments to the raw ingredients in the mix to whiten it. Typically portland cement is grey, not white. Portland cement is the common cementitious ingredient in basically all concrete, structural/arch or otherwise, which is why structural concrete is grey.

Difficult to work with was my point -- it is not inexpensive as an application -- it is here on this building.

I'll reserve judgement until we see more, but honestly this project is, from an architectural standpoint, just meh.

Yes I'm happy another lot bites the dust, and downtown will see a nice injection of new residents residing in the core and supporting nearby business', but why is it so hard for some developers to up their architectural standards? I know not every high-rise being built is going to be a show stopper that wins awards across the board, but it would have been nice if this didn't look so cement/stucco like and more glass like. I'm afraid this will just blend into the skyline and not standout, which is a shame IMO.

I'll reserve judgement until we see more, but honestly this project is, from an architectural standpoint, just meh.

Yes I'm happy another lot bites the dust, and downtown will see a nice injection of new residents residing in the core and supporting nearby business', but why is it so hard for some developers to up their architectural standards? I know not every high-rise being built is going to be a show stopper that wins awards across the board, but it would have been nice if this didn't look so cement/stucco like and more glass like. I'm afraid this will just blend into the skyline and not standout, which is a shame IMO.

It's also possible for things to be neither an architectural masterpiece nor an assault on the eyes. There is a middle ground. But also for the price point Langham asks, they could loosen the purse strings and give us a proper curtain wall on at least one of their hideous scars on 104th St.

Thank God for answering my prayers by convincing these guys to lower both towers. This is a welcomed filler, but I can assure it won't be close to a marvel. Not even close and just as I expected all along. The windows are much improved though. They have finally started to understand cosmopolitan and not little house on the prairie
I wish admin would change the header and profile for this project thread. What have these towers floor count been lowered to ?

I wish admin would change the header and profile for this project thread. What have these towers floor count been lowered to ?
They haven't submitted a DP for the second tower, so anything other than 44 is probably conjecture. While likely lower, Langham hasn't confirmed a number yet.

They haven't submitted a DP for the second tower, so anything other than 44 is probably conjecture. While likely lower, Langham hasn't confirmed a number yet.

And the first tower? I know it's been said, but nobody's digging through the thread for that answer every time they forget.

Back