Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Preparations begin for the ICE District rink!
Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 1.42.01 PM.png

They have been doing corrective work to help mitigate multiple issues with windows shattering, popping and falling.

I stopped by the Icehouse again. This time the bar was fairly busy but not as insane during a home game, so I stayed for a mug of beer and a chat with an awesome female bartender (Carly). There's still some glitches to work through - for instance, the Oilers scored in the opening 2nd period but the PA was still tuned to a basketball game and there was a failure to sound the horn until a minute after the fact.

What the Icehouse has reminded me of is that we need two more small-midsized in the former Rexall/Stantec podium to compliment it and have a less sports bar and more Joey/Earls like option in the plaza as well for those out for a night, but don't need to be in a sports bar.

What the Icehouse has reminded me of is that we need two more small-midsized in the former Rexall/Stantec podium to compliment it and have a less sports bar and more Joey/Earls like option in the plaza as well for those out for a night, but don't need to be in a sports bar.

There's been rumors of Cactus setting up there or their other brand King's Taps?

King's Taps has been a rumour for sometime now; originally for the NW corner of Manulife with a two level spot including a rooftop patio.

That would be a great fit, but either would compliment things and create some regular activity.

There should be a Wayne Gretzkys restaurant in ICE District since there is one in Toronto.
I also think it's a shame that Seven80 carries Oilers-related gear but they have no location near Rogers Place.

Back