Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
wayne Gretzkys closed couple years back didn’t it? Only went there once…basically same level as Kelsey’s wasn’t it? Lol

"Hey everyone let's go to the entertainment district where we can go bar hopping, oops sorry I meant to say Bank hopping."
Relatively cheap advertising for banks given the market here. Expensive for local places, unless you've expanded to a chain setup like Icehouse. Wonder if the food court in Stantec stays as is or if they ever do anything else with it. Same with the former Rexall space that closed and never opened again.

King Taps only has 2 locations, in Toronto and Kelowna. A far cry from Cactus Club, which appears to have a location in almost every corner of the Lower Mainland.

How about a Keg? It needs to return from the suburbs after the Old Strathcona location closed a few years ago.
It can setup shop at Stantec in the vacated Rexall or in what was supposed to be the food court.

I think 104 Street might be a slightly better location for the Keg, although the Ice District is also good.

Reactions: God
Braven in the Ice District at JW Marriott
Atlas in the Ice District at Grand Villa
DOSC on 104th
Chop at the Sutton
Ruth Chris at the International Trade Centre
Lux in Commerce Place

So 6 Steakhouses already within 2 1/2 blocks of Ice District excluding places like Japanese Village. Which one will go under if a Keg opens in Ice District? My guess is DOSC and Chop.

Menu from Braven:

28OZ PORTERHOUSE – 165

34OZ TOMAHAWK – 220

22OZ BONE-IN STRIP LOIN – 152

20OZ CHÂTEAUBRIAND – 128

6OZ A5 WAGYU STRIP LOIN – MP

14OZ RIB EYE – 72

12OZ STRIP LOIN – 64

7OZ TENDERLOIN – 66

ALBERTA LAMB CHOPS – 56

The Keg could also open more of a lounge/drinking concept like they have in Yaletown.
Unless they have steak available why bother? Lots of places to drink within 5 minute walk. I do think a full Keg downtown will knock out the competition and there will be casualties and nothing wrong with that.

Unless they have steak available why bother? Lots of places to drink within 5 minute walk. I do think a full Keg downtown will knock out the competition and there will be casualties and nothing wrong with that.

they still serve steak and their same menu, the look of it is different. think ocean club in scottsdale.

Back