Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Rendering from the Streetside/Qualico website:

STREETSIDE-BLATCHFORD-FRONT.jpg

I would think this is an overall average. IDK if software developers would make more here, perhaps not, but if you pay less in rent or housing costs you can still be ahead here on a lower wage or salary.

Also no PST and potentially lower income tax rates here too.
Well, of all of these things, housing costs seems like the most salient draw factor really. Even with patch jobs still paying well, there's a lot less opportunity to get into that nowadays and less long-term security, and it's really not a sector for everyone.

The tax end of things doesn't seem to be all that much, and both places seem to be engaged in a race to the bottom in terms of public services.

But yeah, I can definitely keep a roof over my head in Edmonton for much less, especially since I'm not a big fan of suburban car-centric life.

All services are from the front, But I do not recall ever seeing the meter on the front. the geo valves are right at the city sidewalk.

I wouldn't want that unit - details, details! It would be nice if they covered it with a box or something, or better yet put it on the side.

Two things -- 1. most of what is objectionable there could be covered with an $8.99 moisture-loving shrub, and 2. It used to be that meters needed to be able to be read from the street by a person that could sit comfortably in his/her vehicle while doing so... new technology allows meters now to be read via online monitoring, minute by minute (my gas company provides me with a readout daily that lets me know how my bill will look when it is due and how it compares to last month's billing). Meters now should be able to be located indoors out of view.

Yes a cedar might work in that space which between the window and door is quite narrow. They do not always do well in our climate, but if watered often enough may be ok.

A lot of shrubs would only work well in the summer as they do not have foliage for much of the year. Maybe a columnar aspen would work too, but it might be too big for the small space.

Yes a cedar might work in that space which between the window and door is quite narrow. They do not always do well in our climate, but if watered often enough may be ok.

A lot of shrubs would only work well in the summer as they do not have foliage for much of the year. Maybe a columnar aspen would work too, but it might be too big for the small space.
Where does this myth come from. Cedars grow in Ft. McMurray for goodness sake.
1707769737027.png

That meter is or the entire complex. There is a central mechanical room on that building where the DES comes in, It is then distributed to the individual homes. That was the last connected building I reviewed. All other buildings have individual meters per tenant. ( that is if I am viewing this right).

That meter is or the entire complex. There is a central mechanical room on that building where the DES comes in, It is then distributed to the individual homes. That was the last connected building I reviewed. All other buildings have individual meters per tenant. ( that is if I am viewing this right).
Are you sure the project you are talking about isn't on the other side of Blatchford? I'd be surprised if the Crimson Cove units weren't individually metered since they are freehold. The NX Build project would make more sense to have a central mech room.

Back