Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I'd love to reflect and see all of the top proposals again, having worked on one of them (small part).

What is a neo-traditionalist -- is that like a hot ice-cream or a flying tortoise?
Lol, it's a term I made up for people who idealize the suburban car-oriented lifestyle as being of the "good old way of doing things", despite how recent in the timescale of cities that type of development actually is.

What is a neo-traditionalist -- is that like a hot ice-cream or a flying tortoise?
the deliberate revival and revamping of old cultures, practices, and institutions for use in new political contexts and strategies.

OR

Neo-traditional country (also known as new traditional country) is a country music style that emphasizes the instrumental background and a "traditional" country vocal style. Neo-traditional country artists often dress in the fashions of the country music scene of the 1940s, 1950s and early 1960s. Some neo-traditional artists are sometimes associated with the alternative country movement.

Neo-traditional country (also known as new traditional country) is a country music style that emphasizes the instrumental background and a "traditional" country vocal style. Neo-traditional country artists often dress in the fashions of the country music scene of the 1940s, 1950s and early 1960s. Some neo-traditional artists are sometimes associated with the alternative country movement.
Same rules apply! 😂

It will be interesting to see what happens with Blatchford when a new city council comes in.
Hopefully it will be more difficult for a future council to make cuts to it now that residents are living there and showing that the concept works.

Hopefully it will be more difficult for a future council to make cuts to it now that residents are living there and showing that the concept works.

I don't know if the 'concept works' as there are maybe 20 houses there out of ~600 acres. Thus far the City has been an unmitigated disaster as a land developer. If any private company took this long to develop such a large piece of land so slowly it would not be in business.

I would be more interested to see if large tracts of land are sold to private developers or a management agreement is struck to more effectively develop the lands.

I don't know if the 'concept works' as there are maybe 20 houses there out of ~600 acres. Thus far the City has been an unmitigated disaster as a land developer. If any private company took this long to develop such a large piece of land so slowly it would not be in business.

I would be more interested to see if large tracts of land are sold to private developers or a management agreement is struck to more effectively develop the lands.
What has been so disastrous about developing Blatchford so far?

I actually thought that things are moving at a pretty decent pace in terms of construction but okay... didn't really expect it to all be built in a few short years 😅

You've seen Century Park, right? ;)

Back