Downtown

Who dis!? HSBC Building 😍

Reference ID:Job No 496127141-002
Description:Interior Alteration
Plan 2137RS Blk 1 Lot F
Applicant:BOXER
Create Date:2024-01-08T13:10:54Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
I am shocked! What a pleasant surprise... thought this would be empty for a long while...

This new place will be owned by Cask & Barrel and have an interior connection to it as it is in the adjacent unit.
With the completion of exterior construction on both the Peak and the CWB buildings down the street and now filling this space, this street can start to become pleasant again.

I recall chatting with the developer a number of years ago now and their hope was a Marc like spot.

Once Boxer has opened, any chance that HSBC will finally reopen its entrances from ECC? They've been closed since the 2020 pandemic, but I don't believe they can use COVID as an excuse anymore.
I doubt it... that likely stays closed to public/only accessible for HSBC tenants.

With the HSBC building so nicely renovated and RBC not having a street front branch anymore, I could see the HSBC building and branch eventually becoming a main RBC location downtown.

It would be good if they could restore access to City Centre at some point, not sure if the tenants in the building alone would be enough to sustain retailers there.

RBC has street frontage to 101 Street and to 104 Avenue in the City of Edmonton Tower. It’s not a large branch but none of them are nowadays. The City Centre branch also has exterior exposure although not access as it’s on the second floor.

Oh yes, there is this 104 Ave branch, which for some reason I did not think of maybe because of the smaller size, even though I do go by it from time to time.

I still think the HSBC location would be better and more prominent and suiting one of the largest banks in Canada, unless they want to cede to TD or others who do have larger and more prominent downtown locations.

And given that they are already buying HSBC, they don't have to do much to get a better location.

Reference ID:Job No 498341605-002
Description:To add a Food and Drink Service with 20 seats and approximately 77 m2 Public Space to an Indoor Sales and Service use (retail store with coffeeshop)
Plan NB Blk 3 Lots 157-158
Applicant:KRISTIANNA SQUIRECHUK O/A WILD ROSE CAKES
Create Date:2024-01-18T14:40:20Z

Reference ID:Job No 498341605-002
Description:To add a Food and Drink Service with 20 seats and approximately 77 m2 Public Space to an Indoor Sales and Service use (retail store with coffeeshop)
Plan NB Blk 3 Lots 157-158
Applicant:KRISTIANNA SQUIRECHUK O/A WILD ROSE CAKES
Create Date:2024-01-18T14:40:20Z

They recently installed these are MacEwan Residences. Very cool system for larger buildings.

Back