News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown

If I can interject with some downtown news, I hear Goodlife at Commerce Place is suppose to open in September. As you were.
It STILL isn't open?

Goodlife at Commerce Place was supposed to open in spring 2020. I don't think they can use the pandemic as an excuse anymore.

Speaking of Commerce Place, the main escalator has been walled off for replacement since June. Brilliant timing - surely this could have taken place during last winter when Sunterra was closed, right?

Goodlife at Commerce Place was supposed to open in spring 2020. I don't think they can use the pandemic as an excuse anymore.
just because you don’t want to accept it doesn’t mean it’s not valid or not true.
Speaking of Commerce Place, the main escalator has been walled off for replacement since June. Brilliant timing - surely this could have taken place during last winter when Sunterra was closed, right?
elevator and escalator deliveries have been dealing with a rolling cascade of supply chain issues for the past two years. a rolling 3 - 12 months late is getting to be pretty much “par for the course” regardless of the initial contract dates and schedules.

^

it needs to get official project status first, then it will need to undergo 18 months of public consultation to finalize a formal plan and a fifteen year full implementation strategy (so no one can ever be held accountable) following which it will then be broken down into fragments so it’s perpetually under construction and never really completed…
You nailed how the City bureaucracy works.

Yup I’d say the Venn diagram overlap between Folk Fest attendees and farmer’s market vendors/customers is sizable

Back