News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Downtown

A BIG thanks to DECL for holding their annual cleanup this past weekend. I was told ~40 people were involved.

Ez1zEbDWYAEqyGC

Root 107 coming soon to a Downtown near you.

At council's executive committee meeting earlier this week, councillors agreed to provide additional funding to support daytime services for the homeless, approving $2.4 million for the Bissell Centre and up to $564,704 for the Boyle Street Community Centre. But they voted 3-2 against a $4 million proposal for a new temporary shelter that would have been operated by Bissell Centre at 105th Avenue and 105th Street as a drop-in centre from May 1 to Oct. 31.
Taproot

Root 107

E0EhaW9UYAEMUOw

E0EhaW7VIAI3WmI

E0FTeDDVcAI8Z9z

E0FTeDAVgAEnX5u

A new pop-up park is taking root downtown! Enjoy the fresh spring air at Root 107 - an inclusive public space filled with colourful mural art, greenery, and unique seating areas made from recycled materials. Grab some takeout at one of the neighbouring restaurants or food trucks and enjoy in the sunshine!

Devise your bite by bite plan with these delicious food trucks on site at Root 107:
Drift - April 28, 29, 30 from 11am-4pm
El Santo - April 28, 29, 30 & May 2 from 2pm-7pm
Poutine World - May 1 from 10:30am-7pm
Smokehouse BBQ - May 1 & 2 from 10:30am-7pm

This event is part of Downtown Spark! Be on the lookout as Downtown Edmonton defrosts to reveal immersive cultural exhibits, extended outdoor patios, al fresco performances, giant art installations and so much more.

Thanks, @archited, always love some "flying camera" videos. The downtown one offers some different perspectives that I haven't seen, filmed in challenging lighting though, but excellent!

^ I wonder when a bunch of developers are going to work together and sew up that massive gash in the urban fabric in the second last photo. We got a loooooooong way to go if developers don't work together.

Last edited:

Back