News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Downtown

It wasn't quality from what I've heard recently, sounds like care and maintenance went downhill.
It is probably better for vibrancy of the area to have a younger crowd. Yes, it was convenient for seniors being so close to the nearby mall, but not as much there now as when the seniors residence was first developed, so maybe not a huge loss.

Retailers that are needed in the downtown core:
- laundromat
- shoe shining
- hardware store (e.g. Home Hardware, Crappy Tire)
- late night fast food (e.g. A&W, Rotten Ronnies)
- record store (e.g. Sunrise, Revolver)
- comic shop (just have Rolling Tales)
- gaming store
- sports cards/collectibles
- Simons
- antique store

Yes, its the every day things and basics we need more of right now downtown. Yet another upscale restaurant, coffee shop or sports bar is nice, but not essential.

Retailers that are needed in the downtown core:
- laundromat
- shoe shining
- hardware store (e.g. Home Hardware, Crappy Tire)
- late night fast food (e.g. A&W, Rotten Ronnies)
- record store (e.g. Sunrise, Revolver)
- comic shop (just have Rolling Tales)
- gaming store
- sports cards/collectibles
- Simons
- antique store

Shoes - both dress and sport/lifestyle (I actually think this would do very well)
Casual and business casual fashion akin to H&M, Gap, Aritzia, Zara (Simons would be #1 ideal)
Wide range furniture store, mattress, appliance store
I would not say 'hardware' to be honest, but how about a 'home' store that is geared towards smaller living space, condos, urban living with things you need to hang, install, paint upgrade and place.
A Lululemon type lifestyle store

My wife just accepted a job with the city and is PUMPED to work DT. She’ll be taking VLRT from Mill Woods and is already researching her lunch spots. We were down there on Wednesday and despite the gloomy weather and no special events/festivals, the vibes were still exactly what she’s looking forward to. I’m more optimistic about our DT now than I have been since pre-COVID and am hopeful for more growth and excitement for the area.

Back