News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Downtown

No big deal?
It's not a safety concern. And whoever chooses to rent such a unit is doing it voluntarily. Also, I have been in this building and I checked out many suites. I didn't see a single unit with no windows, but it's possible that I am mistaken. I found the Peak apartments to have a lot of light due to the window size.

The menu for Slapshot on 104 is up on their website. Take a gander if you'd like. See if you can spot how many spelling errors there are. Hint: It's more than 4. Also, it looks like the owners are review bombing the google reviews with fake ChatGPT generated reviews again. Not even trying to hide it. Sorry for bring all this up again but I just can't seem to look away... it's like a train wreck in slow motion. I have many questions and not a lot of answers.

Slap Shot will be gone before the end of this year.

If (when?) that does happen, what is the ideal thing that should replace it? What would go good in that location? I feel like with established places like Kelly's, DOSC and even Birddog now, the last thing this area needs is another bar. There hasn't been a lot of success in this location. I think there's been like, what, 5 different places in a decade or so?

Sandwich and Sons > Aarde > Say Uncle > Northern Chicken > Slapshot

Not sure what was there before Sandwich and Sons.

The menu for Slapshot on 104 is up on their website. Take a gander if you'd like. See if you can spot how many spelling errors there are. Hint: It's more than 4. Also, it looks like the owners are review bombing the google reviews with fake ChatGPT generated reviews again. Not even trying to hide it. Sorry for bring all this up again but I just can't seem to look away... it's like a train wreck in slow motion. I have many questions and not a lot of answers.

Hahaha oh man I went and looked at the reviews and they are hilarious. You can spot the real ones who provide detail while giving it a 1/5 then the fake ones that rave about their kids' pineapple juice and give it a 5/5. Woof.

Their website also cracks me up because all it is is pictures of alcohol. One picture of a big Smirnoff bottle, picture of a bar rail, a picture of Smirnoff Ice, a picture of a tub of Heineken.

I had a less than impressive experience here and everything from the food to the service to the atmosphere to their website is complete amateur.

If (when?) that does happen, what is the ideal thing that should replace it? What would go good in that location? I feel like with established places like Kelly's, DOSC and even Birddog now, the last thing this area needs is another bar. There hasn't been a lot of success in this location. I think there's been like, what, 5 different places in a decade or so?

Sandwich and Sons > Aarde > Say Uncle > Northern Chicken > Slapshot

Not sure what was there before Sandwich and Sons.

Don't forget when it was Carbon.

I'd love to see Gravity Pope there as it is a decent size for both some shoes and clothes and the absolute right spot for that demo.

Hahaha oh man I went and looked at the reviews and they are hilarious. You can spot the real ones who provide detail while giving it a 1/5 then the fake ones that rave about their kids' pineapple juice and give it a 5/5. Woof.

Their website also cracks me up because all it is is pictures of alcohol. One picture of a big Smirnoff bottle, picture of a bar rail, a picture of Smirnoff Ice, a picture of a tub of Heineken.

I had a less than impressive experience here and everything from the food to the service to the atmosphere to their website is complete amateur.

I just don't get what they are going for. I walked by tonight and Kelly's was absolutely packed and not a single person in Slapshot. The staff were all sitting outside on their phones at the picnic tables. There was some kind of modern indian music blaring loud outside. It's a very confusing concept. Inside the TV's are mounted with the cords running down the walls. The menu is odd. I would love to interview the owners and really deep dive into what is going on here and who funded this whole thing.

This is Toronto data, but I could image we aren’t way different? Surprised to still see such an increase this year tbh.

915E3A74-14A8-4BE6-89F9-8075A669CF4B.png

This is Toronto data, but I could image we aren’t way different? Surprised to still see such an increase this year tbh.

View attachment 576919
It feels like when I talk to people from Toronto, especially any one in a more competitive environment (ex banking), they are back in the office 4-5 times per week. I wonder if our government heavy work force will tend to be less

1719945191097.png

What are their hours on Friday?? 11a-10p or 11a-2a?

🤣🤣

It feels like when I talk to people from Toronto, especially any one in a more competitive environment (ex banking), they are back in the office 4-5 times per week. I wonder if our government heavy work force will tend to be less
Definitely tracks with what I've seen/heard. I'd be curious to see what the stats are between Edmonton and Calgary even given the latter being far heavier on private sector & corp HQs.

In the COVID years I worked for an energy services company here in Edmonton that was HQ'd in Calgary. They brought nearly everyone back to office full time all the way back in summer 2021. Meanwhile at the GoA, probably 75% of the workforce is on at least a hybrid arrangement. Lots of guys I know working in tech roles for the GoA are still full time WFH since COVID hit.

Perhaps. To me the core area, with more private sector employers, does seem to be getting but I don't notice it quite as much in the government area to the south and west.

Back