News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown

^Unsure who owns it now, but it had an office tower proposed about a decade ago. Possibly Allard?

I believe it's owned or managed by Aspen. Fun fact -- it was one of the locations being considered for the Don Wheaton YMCA when it was built.

Ah yes, Aspen is the A I was looking for. Correct.

There is a rendering of two kicking around.

O'Byrne's has a "Coming Soon" sign posted on the MNP tower podium. Need a pic of this asap.

From this afternoon

20240421_122126.jpg

About 1100 volunteers out today, great to see. Including The Quarters and parts of Wîhkwêntôwin.

I was there! The individual volunteers were grouped up with the Rotary club, we did the area around Kinistinaw Park. The weather was great, and it was interesting chatting with some downtown residents and taking a walk around the Quarters. It's got a long way to go for sure but I can see how it will be a neat area someday.

Did it all get picked up? Or simply get re-possessed by those that spread it in the first place?

Interesting that you asked, because I had to call 311 again last night because the garbage was still there and some of it had been opened up and spread around. It took just a few minutes to re-bag it, but I was disappointed the city had marked the file as closed and yet hadn't been picked up.

Garbage cans in this popular area are often overflowing, especially after a weekend, so really surprised this wasn't done regardless of me reporting it on Saturday.

I resent this pic to 311 last night asking why it was designated as 'closed' when it wasn't taken care of.

Screenshot_20240422-185755.jpg

Back