News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Downtown

Rather than let the elected leaders deal with what is the priority, this is yet again another example of the administration trying to lead council around by the nose.
As much as I hate to agree with administration, I happen to agree here. We have gaping holes in our bus network that are a higher priority for funding. Now if the route was directly profitable or a partner steps up to help fund it I would be all for it. But I think admin is right to prioritize transit dollars to make the system more robust than a prestige route that duplicates an existing, if less than perfect, service.

Council and admin seemed pretty aligned on this.

The bottleneck for transit service right now is lack of garage space. This won't be resolved for like 10 years unless ETS looks at some interim solutions.

The bottleneck for transit service right now is lack of garage space. This won't be resolved for like 10 years unless ETS looks at some interim solutions.
Will the train extensions help with this gap at all? I’d imagine a few lines will get cancelled or redesigned?

From those I talk to, not really. As mentioned by ETS today in committee, we have a 260,000 hour gap in service. That really can't be tackled without further investments in garage capacity and that takes time (and money).

Because we cannot go back to some busses being stored outside like they were for decades instead of hundreds of millions for garages?

Our family has history with that building. My father was on the Mechanical Design team. And was also involved with working out problems with the revolving rest. Apparently it originally made people sick. It was slowed down a bit. It was also the place we would go for a fancy dinner on special occasions. A few years back my wife and I went for a date night. Still worthy.

I hope that the Chateau Lacombe will finally finish the recladding sometime this decade. 🙄
They also need to complete the repairs to the parkade asap so that the stairway to MacDonald Drive can finally reopen.

Looks good, I didn't even know this place existed!

"The pizzas from Pizza Garage... they're phenomenal!
🍕
🍕
🍕

And the St. Albert eatery opened a downtown Edmonton location not too long ago (December) that could use your support.

Ram’s Food Reviews let me know that Pizza Garage owner Shane Oates' downtown pizzeria located inside Central LRT Station (10020 Jasper Ave.) is struggling and could use some love.

We know that January is historically a rough time for businesses (all the post-Christmas bills), add inflation and everything else... I understand why business might be slow because things are expensive! But if you've got room for an extra meal or two, or want to order catering for your office, please consider Pizza Garage!

They specialize in Detroit style, New York style, and bar pie style pizza and they are seriously one of the very best you can get in Edmonton.

Don't want to see this new downtown restaurant fail!

Tap through to see the downtown location's menus (taken from Ram's Food Reviews). Pictured in this post: Nice 2 Meat U (it's a best seller), Porky's Revenge, Via 313 (another best seller) and Lamborghini.

📍
Pizza Garage

Cambridge Building
Underground, 10020 Jasper Ave.
Central LRT Station
Downtown Edmonton, Alberta"

426248782_877253971068941_8650250447917202668_n.jpg

Last edited:
Are we the only major city in Canada with such a terrible connection from downtown to the airport?

It has and I suspect will continue to hurt efforts to attract major events, but our civic government yet again seems immune to embarrassment and necessary action.

Back