News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown

Say whatever you want: when Silver Side Up is blaring out of the speakers of my ‘98 Dodge Ram after a gritty Oilers win, I feel like I could separate bitumen with my bare hands.

I love to hate Nickelback because they took the alternative rock that was started by the likes of Nirvana and dumbed it down for the rural bush party demographic.

Was great to have such a well put together event at Rogers that wasn't hockey. Amazing vibe and good times, people dressed the part. Not a Nickleback fan but man they really are legends and happy to see them honoured.

Lots of 'VIP's around with limos, very surreal red carpet experience in Edmonton. We don't take ourselves that seriously most of time is part of this city's charm.

Heard from one local place bought out for a private after party that will make more money in one day than 3 months of revenue. That's how important these kind of events are.

I love to hate Nickelback because they took the alternative rock that was started by the likes of Nirvana and dumbed it down for the rural bush party demographic.
Did you just say that?

Oy vey Kurt is turning.

Was great to have such a well put together event at Rogers that wasn't hockey. Amazing vibe and good times, people dressed the part. Not a Nickleback fan but man they really are legends and happy to see them honoured.

Lots of 'VIP's around with limos, very surreal red carpet experience in Edmonton. We don't take ourselves that seriously most of time is part of this city's charm.

Heard from one local place bought out for a private after party that will make more money in one day than 3 months of revenue. That's how important these kind of events are.
One positive thing about Edmonton is we are fairly authentic and not so image obsessed like some certain larger cities. However, sometimes we are like the grunge or goth kid who can't get the job because we don't dress up for the interview. Appearances shouldn't matter so much, but sometimes they do.

Hopefully it was a good experience for those here and a good boost, especially to the downtown economy.

From all the positive comments on this thread and from what I have read elsewhere in other media it looks like the JUNOs in Edmonton were good. I guess we’re not an “national embarrassment” after all.
I guess not. Going back to the original comment, what I was said was concern about being a national embarrassment is what prompted a clean up downtown.

Went to Remedy this afternoon, absolutely packed which was great to see! Also didn't know that there was an Alley Kat x Remedy chai latte porter that they sell now, really delicious.

20230318_155445.jpg

Last edited:

Back