News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown Farmers Market

I hope that the market is able to fair fine through covid and is able to start growing more and more! Love that place.

Somewhat, but not built-out as originally envisioned for a variety of reasons.

I really wanted to like this a lot, and it's still ok, but something seems missing in terms of the vibe there compared to other markets I've been to in other cities including the one in Strathcona.

The outdoor market on 104 street was such a nice experience.

That said, in the new dt market I do like seeing some of the artists and their work nicely displayed and staged with all the space. I wouldn't minding seeing that market space transition to more of an artist's market and then bring back the the outdoor market to 104st.

It most certainly is still in 'build or re-build' mode and will take another 3-5 to do that, especially outside.

It needs 10-20 more quality vendors and a few more complimentary stores nearby for people to enjoy to really get going, but it does the job for us most weekends.

Al fresco is very in this year... Maybe an outdoor version on some days MIGHT just be the best way to juice sales during this time of uncertainty. Even in my local stores I am finding the weirdest items still sold out or in limited quantities so definitely anything that helps counter food insecurity on ANY scale is a good thing...

Huh?

Was there last weekend and it was reasonably busy given restrictions and has most everything that you need.

Add 40-50 stalls outside and it begins to bet back to its former glory stall-wise.

The bigger challenge is the overall atmosphere and experience.

DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG
DSC_0039.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG

PhotosIanO

Back