News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown Crime

That was his mistake. Should have booked at a downtown hotel such as JW, Sandman, Delta, Hotel Mac, Westin, Holiday Inn Express, Coast, Days Inn, Matrix, etc.
Yeah they should've, but unfortunately nothing necessarily tells you you're staying in the social disorder district (except maybe other reviews of the same hotel) when you're booking a room. They probably saw the hotel's pictures and thought "hey this looks nice, let's stay here" and booked a room. Now, sometimes a quick look on Google Street view can give you some clues, which is what I personally do before booking hotels, but not everyone thinks of doing this. Can't blame them for that, especially if you don't have any inclination it might be a bad area to begin with.

^ ^^. ^^^^ ^^^^^
Just another Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday//Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning… :(

747F1972-21E6-48B0-9E05-414E80FBEAE5.jpeg
8F3B04D2-39C7-4A74-A55C-DAB1B6673212.jpeg

And by your logic, what was our mistake? It’s not as if you can check out of a neighborhood and move your building to another neighborhood or take it home to another city…

You should see the video of the presumably homeless person chasing his demons and ramming his shopping cart into the brick wall over and over and over again yesterday evening until the police arrived and be happy that it was a brick wall he chose and not your car.

No neighborhood should have to put up with this and neither visitors nor Edmontonians should have to put up with it or avoid certain neighborhoods entirely to escape from it.

Last edited:
It was shutdown during its renovation and transition, but is very much open and having stayed there awhile ago I thought it was nicer than all but two hotels Downtown... but the area is BAD.

*BAD if you don't know the area or Edmonton. If I showed up to this in Vancouver it would indeed be the DTES.

An even better idea is they should quit farting around with the Connect Center construction and get rid of the Bob and Doug coverings already! :mad:

It's been sitting idle so long that plants are starting grow in the hole.
I saw those yesterday. Looks like data and utility lines exposed in the bottom. and now they are cutting and removing the sidewalk to the east of Stantecs entrance.

Back