News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.1K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Capital Line LRT

Will we be getting more Siemens LRVs?

Which other manufacturers produce LRVs that are compatible with the existing fleet?
Siemens (S200), Alstom (Citadis & Flexity), Stadler (CITYLINK), CAF (They might hate Alberta now), Hyundai Rotem?...

I'd prefer the S200 and AlstomU5 type Flexity.

No. I can only confirm 100% no pass through trains, and that they're heavily considering longer cars depending on what comes back from the RFP.

My guess is that they're going with option #3.View attachment 596960
I would assume the plan will be to go with Siemens S200 trains, like what they have in St. Louis and Calgary.
View attachment 596972

Wow, that hybrid seat layout is really.. quaint. Haven't seen something like that on a metro in ages! Doesn't bench seating along the sides offer a much greater overall capacity without reducing the number of seats much?

Seems like it would be the wiser choice if the trains are getting crushed with users at commute times.

Wow, that hybrid seat layout is really.. quaint. Haven't seen something like that on a metro in ages! Doesn't bench seating along the sides offer a much greater overall capacity without reducing the number of seats much?

Seems like it would be the wiser choice if the trains are getting crushed with users at commute times.
Yeah bench seating is the highest capacity. People like front back seats though, and the input received leaned mostly towards the hybrid option. It's still higher capacity than the current seating arrangement. Reminds me of an Embraer seating layout.

The last purchase of SkyTrain cars (the Mark IV) has 2x1 seating and they offer a tonne of standing room. The newer Mark V has an unusual combination of forward facing seats opposite a bench of sideways facing seats.

Yeah bench seating is the highest capacity. People like front back seats though, and the input received leaned mostly towards the hybrid option. It's still higher capacity than the current seating arrangement. Reminds me of an Embraer seating layout.
I think alot of the public likes the forward seats when the trains aren't super full, which with our LRT system is most of the day outside of rush hour.

Back