2.5K     0 

Boardwalk-Revillon Revitalization | ?m | 6s | Allied Properties REIT | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree that the atrium should be pushed back to about 7' or so, but what is done here doesn't effectively connect the two to become one entity. Keep what they have, but add in a slight portion onto both buildings' rooftops, There are two buildings with different heights so a Cascade affect would look much better in this instance with some texturized if pushed back.

https://cbreemail.com/rv/ff01462882042444f13602d45d46a44c7fff8cb9

the atrium is set back. although not as much as called for above, some of the other detailing that is evolving provides for enough definition between the two historic facades and the atrium to be successful imho.

hopefully the glazing will be clear enough for the transparency shown to be effective during the day as well as after dark as it will help that whole block come alive visually from both sides of the avenue.

It looks like the paint will be removed from the Revillon Building's brick and stone facade, based on the renderings. That will be a welcome improvement, if true (I still can't understand why someone would decide to paint over natural brick and stone!).
Likely the same reason why people put shag carpet over natural hardwood flooring, or covered up brick walls with vinyl siding...because it was the old making way for the new.

https://cbreemail.com/rv/ff01462882042444f13602d45d46a44c7fff8cb9

the atrium is set back. although not as much as called for above, some of the other detailing that is evolving provides for enough definition between the two historic facades and the atrium to be successful imho.

hopefully the glazing will be clear enough for the transparency shown to be effective during the day as well as after dark as it will help that whole block come alive visually from both sides of the avenue.

From that illustration, it is not bad. I love the concept, but it's still left heavy imo. The glazings would be nice to have as it is simple, clean and doesnt distract from the two sides.

From my creative side, I would just add a white panel almost the direct length of the bridging lining up and having the same width as the parapet to the right structure. That would give the illusion the lower structure is longer and will easily balance out the ratio. The name 'Boardwalk' can be plastered over that pannel and, at night, lit up....
This concept will work nicely with Encore across the street as well.

A video walkthrough:

Description: Revillon Building To construct Interior and Exterior Alterations. Major building upgrades throughout, create corridors and demising walls for new shell tenant spaces, updates inside existing tenant spaces. R&R and upgrades to building systems, exits, HVAC, IFS Smoke exhaust, electrical, fire alarm, sprinkler, standpipe. R&R Atrium exterior facade north and south faces.
Permit date: February 5, 2021
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class:
Issued
Address: 10320 - 102 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: HA
Value: $4,196,986.00

Description: Boardwalk Building. To construct Interior and Exterior Alterations. Major building upgrades throughout, create corridors and demising walls for new shell tenant spaces, updates inside existing tenant spaces. R&R and upgrades to building systems, stairwell, exits, HVAC, fire alarm, sprinkler, standpipe. Addition of 2 new elevators.
Permit date: February 5, 2021
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class:
Issued
Address: 10310 - 102 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: HA
Value: $3,855,430.00

I was unaware until now how much I can be excited by a simple glass box and removing some paint. As mentioned by others, the current entryway is a bit incongruous with the other facades. The simplicity of the render allows the historic buildings to shine, and the verticality somewhat mirrors elements of the Revillon's facade. Basically, it has a simple elegance.

I was unaware until now how much I can be excited by a simple glass box and removing some paint. As mentioned by others, the current entryway is a bit incongruous with the other facades. The simplicity of the render allows the historic buildings to shine, and the verticality somewhat mirrors elements of the Revillon's facade. Basically, it has a simple elegance.

I think sometimes it is not the amount of money spent or the magnitude of the project. I consider this an improvement too, for the same reasons you mentioned.

Back