News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.1K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Alberta Politics

Maybe this has more to do with the rapidly changing demographics of the province and providing more flexibility there?

For instance if a school is built in a primarily Anglo-European populated community, it makes sense for there to be English language instruction. But if over the course of a generation or two, the community demographic shifts to become more Indian or Arabic, it would make sense for that school to be operated by an organization more familiar with those language and cultural backgrounds.

Sounds like a smart move, and surprisingly prescient on the part of the province!
And the province should probably designate communities where certain ethnic groups can live to make this easier.

These boots are delicious.

And the province should probably designate communities where certain ethnic groups can live to make this easier.

These boots are delicious.

Well I don't know about that.. What I suggested is a flexible system that can adapt to changes in the free housing market.

You seem to be advocating for a more soviet style central planning approach..

No wonder you like the taste of boots! 🤣

Well I don't know about that.. What I suggested is a flexible system that can adapt to changes in the free housing market.

Public education is just that. For the public no matter race, religion, academic ability or physical prowess. It is paid for by the public and if anyone wants to create their own religious or ethnic fiefdom they can pay for it. Public schools are a great place for people to share their cultural experiences and learn from one another not a place to reinforce their own narrative.

jokes-joke.gif

Back