News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Canada Soccer

According to Wikipedia current record is 54,798 in Vancouver against Mexico in 2016
I was at that game, was amazing to see BC Place that full, but at least 1/3 of the fans there were Mexican and were way louder than the Canadians... Hopefully these ones in Edmonton are less accessible to away support.

Funny enough I am going to the Mexico game with someone from Mexico, so our support cancels each other out lol. guessing there is going to be strong away support for the Mexico game and definitely won’t be contained to the visitors section. Hopefully it’s a little more civil here. Visitors sections in Benfica and Sporting stadiums are fully fenced off from the rest of the stadium (and the entire stadium only serves non alcoholic beer) lol. Was also caught in a mini stampede at the Maracanã for A domestic game. Should be interesting.

Funny enough I am going to the Mexico game with someone from Mexico, so our support cancels each other out lol. guessing there is going to be strong away support for the Mexico game and definitely won’t be contained to the visitors section. Hopefully it’s a little more civil here. Visitors sections in Benfica and Sporting stadiums are fully fenced off from the rest of the stadium (and the entire stadium only serves non alcoholic beer) lol. Was also caught in a mini stampede at the Maracanã for A domestic game. Should be interesting.
The separation of fans is a fairly common thing all over the world, some places away fans aren't even allowed due to potential violence. In CONCACAF it's normal for beer and bags of urine to be thrown at away fans and players, laser pointers to be used at the opposing keeper, and setting off firework displays out side of the traveling teams hotel in the middle of the night. Basically anything to get them off their game. Obvisouly a lot of it goes too far, but hopefully we can provide a loud and pro Canada atmosphere without any of that crap.

Here's an account of when 40-50 Voyageurs traveled to the Azteca in 2016:

The separation of fans is a fairly common thing all over the world, some places away fans aren't even allowed due to potential violence. In CONCACAF it's normal for beer and bags of urine to be thrown at away fans and players, laser pointers to be used at the opposing keeper, and setting off firework displays out side of the traveling teams hotel in the middle of the night. Basically anything to get them off their game. Obvisouly a lot of it goes too far, but hopefully we can provide a loud and pro Canada atmosphere without any of that crap.

Here's an account of when 40-50 Voyageurs traveled to the Azteca in 2016:

Awe, you mean we can't do our own style of fan stuff like throwing poutine and american beer (can't waste good canadian beer) at the opposing fans. Being in Edmonton we wouldn't use fireworks, just all night Elk and Moose calls outside the hotel. 🤪

Love hearing a top Canadian soccer official singing Edmonton's praises.

I was still waiting for west upper concourse to open because I was late getting online and there's three of us. But it looks like there may not be much available due to the overwhelming amount of group/team tickets they are still having to process.

So I decided to take out a membership ($20) with the national team's Voyageurs - a couple of sections of seats are reserved for these fans who come from across Canada and so there were lower level tickets still available so we're in! I don't mind that these two sections are only ones where you can apparently stand as much as you want - which will help keep us warm, too - 😄. All members get a shirt too.

If you're still thinking of going - check out that option.

For more information on securing tickets with the Voyageurs Canadian Supporters go to www.thevoyageurs.org.

Last edited:

Love hearing a top Canadian soccer official singing Edmonton's praises.

I was still waiting for west upper concourse to open because I was late getting online and there's three of us. But it looks like there may not be much available due to the overwhelming amount of group/team tickets they are still having to process.

So I decided to take out a membership ($20) with the national team's Voyageurs - a couple of sections of seats are reserved for these fans who come from across Canada and so there were lower level tickets still available so we're in! I don't mind that these two sections are only ones where you can apparently stand as much as you want - which will help keep us warm, too - 😄. All members get a shirt too.

If you're still thinking of going - check out that option.

For more information on securing tickets with the Voyageurs Canadian Supporters go to www.thevoyageurs.org.
I hope you bring your singing voice! 😄

Additional tickets have been released:

1635371580121.png

Both games’ remaining seats look similar because these seats were just released. It said on the news that they had overwhelming request for group tickets so they had to work through all those before releasing the upper deck on the west side and the lower bowl on the northside.

edit: newer article says over 35000 seats have sold for each game.

Last edited:

Back