Peak Tower | 99.06m | 23s | Lighthouse HM | Davignon Martin

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
for me it’s not necessarily the use of two fronts that’s not working (two fonts is more common than you might think and “the rule” Is far from hard and fast.

for me the height of the word “residences” Is too tall and the kerning between its letters is too tight and that’s what’s not working here, not the second font.

for me it’s not necessarily the use of two fronts that’s not working (two fonts is more common than you might think and “the rule” Is far from hard and fast.

for me the height of the word “residences” Is too tall and the kerning between its letters is too tight and that’s what’s not working here, not the second font.
I think so too. I believe the intention was to emphasis the word Peak with the more dynamic slightly bigger font, which actually was not a bad idea.

But it doesn't work here because the word Residences is too similar in size. It also might have worked better if there were two lines (top one for Peak, second for Residences), but the different length of the words makes that tricky too.

In any event, what is there comes across as jarring and amateurish, instead of the sleek professional image I suspect they wanted to have. Someone dropped the ball here. It might require spending a bit more, but it would be worth it to fix it. As is, it will put people off either consciously or unconsciously. It makes one wonder if something is not quite right about the building.

I was coming back into the city yesterday, and maybe it was just the light from the time of day, but from the south side of the river the building looked like a solid grey structure. The grey they painted the siding and the colour of the windows is so close that from any amount of distance you cant distinguish between the two.

That glass looks awful holy. Not sure why recent projects in the downtown are so opposed to working in straight lines when called for.

That glass looks awful holy. Not sure why recent projects in the downtown are so opposed to working in straight lines when called for.
The angles are not so bad, but it would have been better if they would have been more consistent. Between this and the fonts on the sign it does make the design look more amateurish than it should be.

I assume it will be mid market, if for no other reason because the look is not refined enough to attract higher end tenants.

Maybe that will be fine, but I do think if they paid a bit more attention to detail they probably could rent the units for more. Their loss I guess.

I walk by it regularly in the morning around 8 am and I've seen maybe max 10 lights on sporadically throughout the tower. Don't think anyone has moved in yet

20240314_171247.jpg

20240314_171300.jpg

20240314_171321.jpg

20240314_171339.jpg

20240314_171410.jpg

Back