News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton's Population

Let's hope she actually moves into the actual city and not Leduc so she doesn't cry about having poor access to Cactus Clubs! 🤣
I also blame Toronto Life for not being able to clearly distinguish between Edmonton, where she didn't live, and Leduc where she did move to.

I realize its not called Canada Life, but you would expect something a little less provincial from a place that aspires to be a major national centre.

Its not surprising, we are really the only affordable city over a million left in the country. People moving from Toronto and Vancouver have put pressure on housing costs in Calgary, so there is a domino effect for other people, some who may have lived in Calgary for a long time, but can't absorb the current rent there.
We also have a much greater supply of purpose-built rentals than Calgary, which is one of the main reasons why our average rental rates have always been lower. This will allow us to absorb greater numbers of new residents while buffering the rental increases.

I also blame Toronto Life for not being able to clearly distinguish between Edmonton, where she didn't live, and Leduc where she did move to.

I realize its not called Canada Life, but you would expect something a little less provincial from a place that aspires to be a major national centre.
Only a couple of the Edmonton suburbs (Sherwood Park and St. Albert) have populations approaching 100,000.

Alberta is now 4.7 millionView attachment 460726
Looks like the clock was updated today with new Q1 2023 estimate date being put in. Canada grew by just over 1 million people in 2022.
1679499117788.png

Looks like the clock was updated today with new Q1 2023 estimate date being put in. Canada grew by just over 1 million people in 2022. View attachment 463370
Huge growth. We're now growing around the same rate as many countries in Africa and faster than any other developed country. I feel that this has not really sunk in for most Canadians, or for that matter with the real estate development industry.

It’s sad to see that Edmonton and Calgary will only get a little over half of the municipal funding from the province when over 80% of the growth is in these two regions.

It’s sad to see that Edmonton and Calgary will only get a little over half of the municipal funding from the province when over 80% of the growth is in these two regions.
The Court House and south Edmonton hospital are prime examples of this. No new hospital built in Edmonton since the 1980's (over 40 years ago) and the court house is around 50 years old.

Frankly both of these major projects should have been completed by now, but provincial government lack of attention and dithering is the problem.

Back