News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

View attachment 454702

500 employees? How many in YEG and where?

Alluded to but just Jobber raised $100m in VC

This CBC article is the first Edmonton media article I have seen of this. If this were a Calgary company that had a raise like this, not only would we be seeing tons of media coverage, but the government would be touting how successful the province is in tech, as was common in numerous announcements in Calgary last year. It makes me sick how little coverage and boosting achievements like this get in Edmonton compared to Calgary. This is massive and it needs to be marketed as that.

If it was a company with 1 employee that raised $1 in YYC - there'd be a pic with one "Her Worshipfulness's" minions in an empty office building in DT YYC with some paid peeps in the background to give it a faux "bustling vibe."

This CBC article is the first Edmonton media article I have seen of this. If this were a Calgary company that had a raise like this, not only would we be seeing tons of media coverage, but the government would be touting how successful the province is in tech, as was common in numerous announcements in Calgary last year. It makes me sick how little coverage and boosting achievements like this get in Edmonton compared to Calgary. This is massive and it needs to be marketed as that.

The Edmonton media is too busy reporting on and on and on about the homeless to bother with our successes.

The Federal Government has released its Sustainable Jobs Plan CBC reporting this:
"The interim plan, which will guide the government's "just transition" approach from 2023 to 2025, includes the establishment of a new training centre for sustainable jobs and a new government advisory body.”

This training centre MUST be located in Edmonton, the centre of the oil patch and home to the many trades that work in the oil service industry. I hope our Mayor and Edmonton Centre MP and Cabinet Minister is on this and will champion this centre to be located in Edmonton with partners at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology and our colleges and Universities in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.

I hope some of you will email the Mayor and your Councillor and the MP for Edmonton Centre: Minister Randy Boissonnault (Randy.Boissonnault@parl.gc.ca) to push for this training centre to be located here in Edmonton.

“According to numerous studies, rather than a shortage of jobs, in Canada we are much more likely to see an abundance of sustainable jobs with a shortage of workers required to fill them,” reads the new plan published Friday by the federal government.

Love this and nice that they are in the core with their operations. I thought the area where they were building was going to be mostly residential with commercial, so interesting to see their plant operations going here.

Back