News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

I wonder if the CO2 will end up contaminating our ground water.
i think the concern is less with co2 contaminating our ground water per se (although there are some studies that document increased acidification in salt water) as much as it is with the potential accompanying leaching of contaminants such as heavy metals from adjacent rock and/or soils that would contaminate that ground water (in addition to the presumed re-release of co2 into the atmosphere).

this might be one of those short/medium term benefits having to be weighed against potential medium/long term liabilities. and who knows of what we perceive as liabilities today might actually turn out to be beneficial if those heavy metals etc. turn out to be recoverable and valuable (batteries are reliant on heavy metals such as nickel, cadmium, mercury and cobalt etc.).

Edmonton-based Nanoprecice Sci Corp raises $10m USD for its manufacturing monitoring software

Hearing that Fluor will start mobilizing to this site within a year. Construction is expected to start within 2 years after their teams move from their LNG Canada project to this. Alberta Major Projects is saying 10B but the word is closer to 20B.

Imagine the 1000's of massively high paying construction jobs this will create...finally some good news around here...lol

I think it is a fair point to say commercial development of all the research at U of A is sadly lacking. Over 20 years on and still waiting for the home run.

Back