News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown

And a great way to piss a shit ton of people off who are sleeping.

24 max?
Are you serious Ian? The constant hum of the city is a price people pay for living downtown. I heard the constant hum of Shanghai within my hotel as well as car horns blaring constantly. I also remember sleeping on a train and waking up every time it stopped. If you were on a committee discussing how to make downtown better and turned down the idea of cleaning up the streets at 3am due to noise. Then you need to take a step back and consider which poison is worse; a healthy noisy downtown, or a quiet dirty downtown with crime.
I will always choose a healthy noisy downtown.
A 24 hour cycle seems like the most reasonable method, keep it as simple as possible. It will not be hard to spot the folks that park their car all day, move it at 3am, and park it again right after. The police will be able to deal with them.

Edmcowboy11, some companies provide private parking stalls, some provide parking passes that are recognized by bylaw officers. This is exactly how it is done everywhere else in the city.

Last edited:
Better to tour foreign investors around Gov't district, Ice District, Whyte, University, and South West suburban office zones. First mistake was going straight to Churchill square area especially before the Valley line is running.

Reactions: God
Better to tour foreign investors around Gov't district, Ice District, Whyte, University, and South West suburban office zones. First mistake was going straight to Churchill square area especially before the Valley line is running.
Well, the 'foreign investors' of that news article don't exist and thus did not go straight to Churchill Square, but I do get your point about touring potential investors around the city generally.

I have never heard of “Global Energy Financing”, nor can I find anything about them anywhere online aside from this article. Not even on that LinkedIn profile of the guy cited in the article, who apparently is a tax lawyer from St Albert. But they’re claiming to be looking to open an “Alberta branch” for their company with 80 employees?

This all sounds at best extremely exaggerated for the story and easy clicks.

Two things can be true. The homeless and disorder situation downtown is bad and probably has some effect on attracting and retaining businesses in the CBD.

And if The Western Standard ran an article saying the sky was blue I'd walk outside and check for myself.

Minister Ellis confirmed to a group of Downtown Recovery Coalition members that provincial employees are back in the office 87% 3 days a week. That was good to hear.

Reactions: God
72DF4CFC-FC51-4434-B099-C3CF4489967C.jpeg

Main floor Marvel College

Back