News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

All of those “IT” jobs in YYC! Awwwww jeez why can’t we get those coveted “IT/Engineering jobs?” Sounds awfully suspicious of Call Center jobs being disguised / covered up / aka’d. A credit card company….geez….what else would the jobs be for? “Hello, thank you for calling HBC’s Mastercard, how may I help you?”

Meanwhile here in our lowly YEG emerging BioPharma industry we have a company (Entos) signing multi 100M deals with one of the largest NA bio company(s).

You don't need to constantly reference **fake IT jobs disguised as call center jobs**...

Fixed that for you

FI7PlaPVkAErEQH

Wow, there have been quite a few great, substantial and positive announcements coming out of the tech and pharma sectors here this past week. While this is extremely positive, I am quite disappointed at the level or exposure (or non exposure) these announcements have gotten in the biz world. A scan of the Financial Post, Global and Mail, and even "Edmonton" on Google News and I don't see anything on these announcements.

Part of building Edmonton's business swagger involves the bragging rights that do and need to come with it to further build business. Announcements of this materiality and magnitude coming out of Vancouver or Calgary have and would be making headlines, so while unfortunate from a branding standpoint, it is nevertheless positive steps in the right direction.

Last edited:
Wow, there have been quite a few great, substantial and positive announcements coming out of the tech and pharma sectors here this past week. While this is extremely positive, I am quite disappointed at the level or exposure (or non exposure) these announcements have gotten in the biz world. A scan of the Financial Post, Global and Mail, and even "Edmonton" on Google News and I don't see anything on these announcements.

Part of building Edmonton's business swagger involves the bragging rights that do and need to come with it to further build business. Announcements of this materiality and magnitude coming out of Vancouver or Calgary have and would be making headlines, so while unfortunate from a branding standpoint, it is nevertheless positive steps in the right direction.
Do your point, it appears that the date of the Jobber article from Betakit is from January 2021, which, if it's indeed the case, makes sense why media outlets aren't reporting on a story from a year ago...

Do your point, it appears that the date of the Jobber article from Betakit is from January 2021, which, if it's indeed the case, makes sense why media outlets aren't reporting on a story from a year ago...
Huh, interesting. Did we just all get punked by Ian? Or did Ian get punked then punk us?

Nevertheless, my comment more broadly reflects the recent positive corporate announcements which includes the up to $400MM payment to Entos and the Oracle Intelliwave integration. No sign of any of these announcements for Edmonton in the broader Canadian business coverage.

Edmonton is hot, hot, hot:

Bouncing around: Business conditions in Calgary and Edmonton​

The latest data from Statistics Canada suggest business conditions in Calgary and Edmonton have bounced back after dipping the week after Christmas.

For of the week of January 3 to 9, 2022, the Real-Time Local Business Conditions Index* in Calgary was sitting at 165, up from 143 the week before. In Edmonton, the index went from 184 to 215.
Owl chart Jan 14 2022

More useless IT jobs. 😏

Edmonton is hot, hot, hot:

Bouncing around: Business conditions in Calgary and Edmonton​

The latest data from Statistics Canada suggest business conditions in Calgary and Edmonton have bounced back after dipping the week after Christmas.

For of the week of January 3 to 9, 2022, the Real-Time Local Business Conditions Index* in Calgary was sitting at 165, up from 143 the week before. In Edmonton, the index went from 184 to 215.
Owl chart Jan 14 2022
Great news for Calgary and Albertan cities! ;)

Back