100 Street Funicular and Frederick G. Todd Lookout | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton | DIALOG

Project Name :McDougall Hill Pedestrian Bridge Feasibility Study
Scope:[Green] - The City of Edmonton recently constructed the 100 Street Funicular. The Funicular is located on the east side of where McDougall Hill turns into 100 Street, directly south of the Hotel MacDonald. The Funicular provides access to and from the river valley for pedestrians of all abilities and cyclists. As a result of the Funicular being constructed, there has been an increase in the number of pedestrians and cyclists using the sidewalk on the east side of 100 Street to and from the Funicular. This project will review the feasibility of providing a grade separated the pedestrian access across McDougall Hill, connecting the Funicular to MacDonald Drive and the Heritage Trail.
Asset Type :Transportation
Project Update:The McDougall Hill Pedestrian Bridge feasibility report was received for review in July 2019. Currently, geotechnical investigation is being completed to collect subsurface information along McDougall Hill. Slope monitors will be installed to observe slope movement and groundwater levels on the hill through 2019 and 2020.
Current Phase:Strategy
Approved Budget ($M):[Green] - $0.16M
Project End Date:[Green] - Dec-2019 (Anticipated Completion Date: Dec-2020)
Ward:Ward 06
Phone:780-442-3312
Email:ali.alou@edmonton.ca

Source: https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_services/building-edmonton.aspx

@Gronk! Feasibility study was likely just completed earlier this year so hopefully some funding will be approved for it soon.

Edit: Looks like 2023-2024 from this link.

I walk through McDougall Hill often and I don't really see panhandlers. Once in a while I may see some brain-damaged moron dancing in the gutter but they're few and far between. There's always large groups of African men hanging around but they're a peaceful bunch.

Funicular fire:(
FQJoVaQXsA4W6n7

More and more it sure seems like we have a serial arsonist around downtown.

Back