News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Any info what they did/doing to the old BMO on Whyte (82nd Ave/108st)? Walked past a few weeks ago and noticed they re-cladded it into a black box with glazing.

Looks like Sugar Lash is getting closer to opening up shop.
Whyte Ave area daytime 2020-01-25 041.JPG

C.3. Crossroads Building (Development Permit)
Dean Snihur - Snihur Construction Group Inc.

MOVED: D. Deshpande

Motion of Support with conditions requiring the applicant to present an Administrative
Walk-on.

SECONDED: R. Labonte

While the Committee generally supports the intent of the project, the following
information either lacked sufficient clarity or was not provided:
● West and south building elevations - provide updated elevations that clearly indicate
what materials are being proposed (ie transparent vs. opaque, colour, material).
● South elevation - resolve the exterior treatment of the stairwell and update elevations
accordingly.
● Provide north elevation, annotated as appropriate.
● Provide physical material sample board showing materials and glazing samples.

CARRIED

FOR THE MOTION: R. Labonte, W. Sims, T. Antoniuk, A. Zepp, D. Brown, D.
Deshpande

AGAINST: M. Figueira, S. Kaznacheeva, J. Mills.

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_govern...ontonDesignCommittee_Minutes_March12_2019.pdf

Reference ID: Job No 353012297-002
Description: Alteration of (an) existing building(s), Interior Alteration, Demolition
Plan 3942MC Blk 8 Lot 179
Applicant: SINGH, GURPREET
Create Date: 1/23/2020 4:04:23 PM
Neighbourhood: CENTRAL MCDOUGALL

I was wondering if/when this building would get a renovation

As was I. They've had a sign up with renderings for quite a while now. Good to see as this will breathe new life into that intersection

Last edited:
Might be worth keeping an eye on this one. Melton Block 10133 104 Street in the latest Melcor portfolio found here: https://www.melcor.ca/app/uploads/2020/01/February-2020_North-1.pdf

Would be an interesting one to see built along with what was supposed to be the Mackenzie Tower which I assume we'll see a different version of.

I've always liked that proposal. They must have a tenant in tow or close to be thinking about going ahead.

Back