News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Last edited:
4-plex planned for the SE Corner of Whyte/83 St. Kitty corner to the future Bonnie Doon LRT station. Would have liked more density here but would be difficult being surrounded by bungalows.

Nice find @MCXavierL , I've been curious to see what springs up in the area since the BD proposal. Looks like a pretty decent design, There are 3+ story apartments a block over in each direction from that lot, (not south though). I live about 5 blocks South of there. I'd bet 82 Ave & both 83/85 streets see a decent increase in density soon. I would have thought that this corner lot could have pushed for a bit more density too.

I like the design as well. I live two blocks north of here @Kaizen! You’re right those 3 storey buildings are next to bungalows as well just buffered by parking/laneways. It’s exciting to watch the area transform even just with the LRT work, Bonnie Doon Pool, Dermott District Park, Traffic circle, demo’d Holyrood apartments and the BD development hasn’t even broke ground yet. The scope of the transformation is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Just bumped into one of my friends in the trades; apparently The Century is currently having all of their water lines redone as the insurance companies will no longer cover all the leaks that keep happening. When she first had a look at the pipes, she said they make no sense at all why they were done the way they were.

True North's legacy never ends...

There's now a website for the residential units in the Financial building (converted from office space):

Units look pretty nice. Unclear if rental or condo.

Norquest is demolishing their smaller building on the southeast corner and replacing it with a quad.

Reference ID: Job No 326837974-001
Description: To demolish Pubic Services Building (south east corner) and construct exterior alterations to site (Exterior Landscaping and Public space work)
Plan 1520896 Blk 7 Lot 103A
Applicant: GEC ARCHITECTURE
Create Date: 7/31/2019 3:01:41 PM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

As much as I like the addition of open space, especially for students who don't really have any currently, I will kinda miss that small modernist building.

Back