News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Miscellaneous

A couple interesting items tentatively scheduled for EDC Feb 5:

E. UPCOMING APPLICATIONS, CONFLICTS AND REGRETS (February 5, 2019)
The Heights - Formal - Nola Kilmartin - Kennedy
10825 - 83 Avenue Apartment - Formal - William Yin - SPAN Architecture Inc.

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/documents/PDF/EdmontonDesignCommittee_Jan_29_2019_Agenda.pdf

The Heights - Strathearn maybe?

10825 - this is a little sliver of RA7 land between a new skinny infill (which I can't tell if it's an apartment or a single house, but is also zoned RA7) and William Off Whyte.

Decent little rowhouse project going up in my 'hood. Recently rezoned RF1 single-family house to RF3.

View attachment 170692

https://www.google.ca/maps/@53.5305...4!1si3rVFegbXjfIFD6AW381pg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That's my project! We were thinking Westmount and Holyrood are so far apart nobody would really notice if the color schemes and architecture were the same.

As we grow our proof of concept we'll forsure be doing some unique corner lot projects with as much variety as possible. Very excited to begin building in Holyrood though, this part of the city really has a lot of cool opportunities for future development especially on the commercial side.

@Logan_Patterson I live near Westmount and I must say that your townhouses look really good! I like the shape and finishing of them. I’m sorry that the one in Westmount got graffitied, though:confused:

Last edited:
@Platinum107 @Daveography Thank you both! I'm hoping we get a warm welcome to Holyrood as this will likely be the first multifamily project done by a smaller builder in the area - I wonder how it'll go over.

The Westmount project has had a tough go, we feel bad for moving it along so slowly, there was a serious problem with our window supplier (he never delivered our windows) which held up construction for a well over 3 months. Looking forward to putting down some fresh grass this spring and finally getting that project looking like a finished product!

Primavera Developments is giving the Pub 1905 building on Jasper Ave a facelift.

Current:
View attachment 169528

Planned:

Untitled
by cdnklc, on Flickr

Forgot to post this from last week:
P1300020.jpg

@KyleBlanchett Welcome to the forum!

I heard this was coming (saw it on the EDC agendas), but figured it would be their typical "drive-in" style building, which does not excite me. As much as I like their burgers (usually stop at the Gasoline Alley location going to or from Calgary), I can't say I'm a fan of their building typology.

With all the hubub about this in the news I guess I should have broken the story when I first heard it. Totally underestimated the reactions.

Back