News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Interesting article in today's Edmonton Journal about the retired surgeon who is demolishing his house to build the Brad Kennedy-designed high-end condo project on his property on Whitemud Road.

Here's the winners from Edmonton, announced today:

CyiW873XAAAGZM7.jpg:large

Alberta Construction ‏@JWN_ACM 38 minutes ago
#TopProjects2016 Civil (Under $50M) winner: Terwillegar Park Footbridge. @GrahamBuilds @Stantec @CityofEdmonton

CyiYBu-XAAAvEnM.jpg:large

Alberta Construction ‏@JWN_ACM 35 minutes ago
#TopProjects2016 Civil (Over $50M) winner: NE Anthony Henday.

CyiYSUEWIAExlLy.jpg:large

Alberta Construction ‏@JWN_ACM 38 seconds ago
#TopProjects2016 Institutional (Over $50M) winner: Royal Alberta Museum @LedcorGroup @DIALOG @RoyalAlberta pic.twitter.com/dBRitBmaUP

CyiadinXUAcl42r.jpg:large

Alberta Construction ‏@JWN_ACM 1 minute ago
#TopProjects2016 Civil Design winner: Terwillegar Park Footbridge @GrahamBuilds @Stantec @CityofEdmonton pic.twitter.com/BLtZ7kurRv

Cyiar17WIAAOvdo.jpg:large

Alberta Construction ‏@JWN_ACM 53 seconds ago
#TopProjects2016 Institutional Design winner: Royal Alberta Museum @LedcorGroup @DIALOG @ThurberEng @RoyalAlberta pic.twitter.com/JlDwxB1Ycd

CyibdLUWEAAQZQv.jpg:large

Alberta Construction ‏@JWN_ACM 22 minutes ago
#TopProjects2016 Commercial Design winner: Rogers Place @PCLConstruction @RogersPlace @ttinc @hok @iconvenue

CyicW0qXUAIJk0G.jpg:large

Alberta Construction ‏@JWN_ACM 8 minutes ago
#TopProjects2016 Project of the Year is Rogers Place! @PCLConstruction @RogersPlace @iconvenue @CityofEdmonton @HOKNetwork pic.twitter.com/xHZvc21sUP

Check out Alberta Construction ‏@JWN_ACM to see all winners.

Developer planning to restart long-delayed Century Park development, expand rental homes to 4,500
Construction of the long-stalled Century Park development could resume next year under a new plan that would see the site become one of Edmonton’s largest transit-oriented housing projects.

Buyers lined up overnight a decade ago for a chance to buy the first condos on the site northeast of 23 Avenue and 111 Street, but two years later the real estate market crashed and only about 400 of a scheduled 2,900 units were built.

Part of the 17-hectare property was leased to the city for LRT parking while developer Procura came up with a new vision for the land.

Now the company is proposing to create 4,500 rental homes in more than a dozen townhouses and multi-family buildings ranging from four to as high as 24 storeys.

The completed development would feature an east-west main street lined with shops and offices that would have wide sidewalks and a landscaped 10-metre-wide median for such community activities as a farmers’ market.

“It’s going to be a real walkable people district. It becomes an amenity by itself,” says Procura president George Schluessel, who foresees a mix of affordable and luxury suites.

http://edmontonjournal.com/business...-park-development-expand-rental-homes-to-4500

Frustrations mount over townhouse project in Edmonton’s Twin Brooks neighbourhood
Dozens of residents packed a west Edmonton open house Saturday to air their dissent about The First Place Program.

The program was approved by city council in 2006 and aims to develop townhouses on vacant land that is declared surplus by school boards.

In Twin Brooks, the plot of land set aside for the program is roughly 0.8 hectares within a nine-hectare plot of green space.

Residents have many concerns about the program, in particular the encroachment on green space.

“If you take away the space of which a community of almost 6,500 people live, it’s going to have an enormous impact on people.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/3104940/f...ject-in-edmontons-twin-brooks-neighbhourhood/

Interesting article -- it validates my belief in Procura's ability to secure a specific market niche and control specific sectors of the City to further its vision. Everything that they do rings of quality effort. Based on the article it seems that the Central Tower (18 floors and pictured in the Journal rendering) and the Times Square Towers (also 18 floors) will be the first to proceed.

@Daveography, I don't know the protocol for listing new projects but I spotted this in today's Journal. It seems substantial enough to warrant its own thread under buildings… http://edmontonjournal.com/business...posed-for-wild-earth-bakery-site-on-99-street I hope that your collarbone is healing nicely; I imagine that at this stage it is more of an inconvenience than a source of pain. Also there was an interesting article on passive energy homes planned for Blatchford.

@Daveography, I don't know the protocol for listing new projects but I spotted this in today's Journal. It seems substantial enough to warrant its own thread under buildings… http://edmontonjournal.com/business...posed-for-wild-earth-bakery-site-on-99-street I hope that your collarbone is healing nicely; I imagine that at this stage it is more of an inconvenience than a source of pain. Also there was an interesting article on passive energy homes planned for Blatchford.

If we can get renderings of this project we'd love to do a story on it!

@archited It's still a lot of pain unfortunately. It's pretty messed up in there.

Unfortunately this means limiting my computer time (including at work, where being on a computer is what I do for a living...), and being less able to keep the forum up-to-date on current news and projects. :(

Such bad timing after the publicity of the launch, and the CBC interview...

Back