News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Yellowhead Trail Upgrades

Hi guys, I know I’m a few months late here but figured I would show a few pictures from the yellowhead project I was a part of last summer. From the river to 66st. Will be doing east bound starting in May.
A19C8BEB-41AA-486A-9802-FA3B6ACCACD0.jpeg
0AA28D87-22AF-4A64-B587-C5A7144F62C1.jpeg
6BC31DE6-0767-4C4F-86BC-5E23F5B8BC30.jpeg
68530010-4C08-4EEA-9112-82D79E77F973.jpeg
38907B54-8281-4004-B38A-B4B7B2BF3036.jpeg
683830BB-ED0C-491D-BCEC-49A84DD9DB78.jpeg

If only they could move that fast on the LRT projects...(ik ik more complicated infrastructure etc. but still lol)

Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion Program: Share your input now on St. Albert Trail to 97 Street concept plan.

View attachment 301727

The city shared this on Facebook, and I made the mistake of looking at the comments... Both comments are criticizing this project, because the city should "get rid of the traffic lights." What do they think this whole thing is for? Adding more traffic lights??

The city shared this on Facebook, and I made the mistake of looking at the comments... Both comments are criticizing this project, because the city should "get rid of the traffic lights." What do they think this whole thing is for? Adding more traffic lights??
NEVER, I repeat, NEVER look at the comments section on Facebook, EVER! It's all disappointment and frustration. Also, if it were up to me, I'd do the same as I always to on Cities Skylines: create a permanent gridlock to force residents to bike, walk and take rail transit, so they should just consider themselves lucky that I'm not in charge of deciding what is done with Edmonton's roads.

Some people are never happy. People complained when West Edmonton Mall opened during the 1980's, as an example how far back this complaining goes. Paraphrasing Oscar Wilde, these people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Good point. Speaking of old complaints: Back in the late 1800s, many residents of Edmonton signed a petition demanding that the downriver North West Mounted Police fort - Fort Saskatchewan - be moved upriver to the area where the UofA's north campus now sits. Fort Saskatchewan was just too far away for their liking!

Source

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER look at the comments section on Facebook, EVER! It's all disappointment and frustration.
You think the City of Edmonton's page is bad?? Mike Nickel's page is the "Keyboard Warriors Guild" those commenters are sent from 😆

Also, if it were up to me, I'd do the same as I always to on Cities Skylines: create a permanent gridlock to force residents to bike, walk and take rail transit, so they should just consider themselves lucky that I'm not in charge of deciding what is done with Edmonton's roads.
Honestly my strat is just to make transit much more efficient to get to the places where people wanna go lol

Back