News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.1K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Windsor Park 118 Street DC2 - 6 storeys

Yes, this is another Green Space Alliance application for a new Westrich project.

It is a complex Tower project requiring three applications.
  1. CN to MU zone on the BMO site
  2. North-south alley closure and its relocation further north
  3. RS to MUN on the two SFD lots across the alley
Since this is not a direct control rezoning, we don't have the building desire yet, just its massing. A good precedent would be the Ultima in downtown.

The Ultima?? Wow I'm excited for this project now, but I can already hear some Windsor Park residents dusting off their pitchforks 😭

The Ultima?? Wow I'm excited for this project now, but I can already hear some Windsor Park residents dusting off their pitchforks 😭
My parents live in WP; meetings are being organized to challenge this and other potential projects. A restrictive covenant doc was handed out.

It was eye opening as this guy actually purchased a house as a tactic; W is owned by Westrich? Who has enough spare cash to buy a (k) house as a negotiating tool? Unless he just wants more leverage to make money...

1724598522939.png

My parents live in WP; meetings are being organized to challenge this and other potential projects. A restrictive covenant doc was handed out.

It was eye opening as this guy actually purchased a house as a tactic; W is owned by Westrich? Who has enough spare cash to buy a (k) house as a negotiating tool? Unless he just wants more leverage to make money...

View attachment 590916

Hmm interesting, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at? Are the houses marked as "W" already owned by Westrich? What does Toma and "K" mean? Imo, this would be an understandably more contentious development since it's a little more nestled in, but I still support it since it's literally across the street from the university.

P.S., do restrictive covenants even mean anything anymore?? I thought their power was thrown out with the ZBR and City Plan lol

Last edited:
That one remaining home owner is likely incredibly upset. I do wonder if they were holding out in hopes of no chance/ more money. From the photo it appears the lot north of them was already purchased by a developer.
It's not really a tragedy. When that person eventually decides to sell, those two lots can become a fantastic 20-30 unit apartment 🤣. It's probably better to have a few different builds on this block instead of a monolith.

It's not really a tragedy. When that person eventually decides to sell, those two lots can become a fantastic 20-30 unit apartment 🤣. It's probably better to have a few different builds on this block instead of a monolith.
Not thinking it's a tragedy, just highlighting they may not outcome they had anticipated!

Hmm interesting, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at? Are the houses marked as "W" already owned by Westrich? What does Toma and "K" mean? Imo, this would be an understandably more contentious development since it's a little more nestled in, but I still support it since it's literally across the street from the university.

P.S., do restrictive covenants even mean anything anymore?? I thought their power was thrown out with the ZBR and City Plan lol
Yeah; K was purchased as a blocking tactic, W is Westrich owned, Toma owns those 2 properties, and /W was a pending sale to Westrich.

The information is from a neighbour whose a Lawyer. Probably pulled property data? He spoke about these properties, apparently the talk was 'we can't stop these developments, but we are trying to influence them'.

Back