News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Weather or not

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 2.41.46 PM.png

Edmonton is third today behind Ottawa and Winnipeg -- next Toronto and Vancouver once again is dead last.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.52.08 AM.png

Edmonton is back into the top 3 behind Toronto and Ottawa. Winnipeg drops to dead last on the strength of persistent snowfall; Vancouver is still raining in 4th place.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 3.23.53 PM.png

Edmonton jumps back into first place followed by Ottawa and Vancouver -- Vancouver moved up because it is raining in Toronto with very high winds and Winnipeg, finishing last again, is blanketed with snow and freezing temperatures.

Same here, @ChazYEG. As long as you dress appropriately, I find Edmonton's winters to be quite tolerable given how sunny it usually is! (Minus the week or so of -30 to -40 we get every winter lol). My only gripe is how long winter lasts, but I suppose due to our dry climate, having snow for a good portion of the year really helps the plant life. It's been concerning that we still haven't had any snow yet, especially since we've had such a dry year already. I believe snow is due soon, though!

Same here, @ChazYEG. As long as you dress appropriately, I find Edmonton's winters to be quite tolerable given how sunny it usually is! (Minus the week or so of -30 to -40 we get every winter lol). My only gripe is how long winter lasts, but I suppose due to our dry climate, having snow for a good portion of the year really helps the plant life. It's been concerning that we still haven't had any snow yet, especially since we've had such a dry year already. I believe snow is due soon, though!
Agreed!!

That said, what has been killing me these past few winters is the darkness. It's so miserable.

Back