News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Wayfinding Strategy

Unsure what the plan going forward is, but there were equal numbers of signs up as there were broken when I walked around yesterday.

I remember these been purported as 'robust' and how they worked well in London, Vancouver and Cleveland.

Unsure what the plan going forward is, but there were equal numbers of signs up as there were broken when I walked around yesterday.
From what I have seen, repaired ones end up with simply graphics in a metal plate.

Which is what they had for the temporary ones which awaiting these...

The other thing we failed with on this was that far more of them were to hav been backlit, hence the cavities, but logistics and costs prevented that.

I noticed three signs that were damaged from my Oct trip still not replaced when I was back two weeks ago... and in particular the illuminated important one outside City Hall and in front of the Churchill station entrance across from the AGA.

I noticed three signs that were damaged from my Oct trip still not replaced when I was back two weeks ago... and in particular the illuminated important one outside City Hall and in front of the Churchill station entrance across from the AGA.
Yah, that one's been a bare skeleton for awhile now... just embarrassing considering it's right in front of city hall like that.

1678380564788.png

The damaged wayfinding sign on the NE corner of Jasper and 109th was finally replaced... and it's backwards lol. It says the Legislature grounds are north of it, and Macewan is south. Already reported to 311.

EDIT: This just got weirder. The maps themselves are fine, it's just the directional labels on the top half that are wrong. It reminds me of this old meme from the late 2000s/early 2010s, see the third image.

20230310_165114.jpg
20230310_165304.jpg

Socially-Awesome-Awkward-Penguin.jpg

Last edited:

Back