News   Apr 03, 2020
 8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Warehouse District Park

With the residential development taking place, I think 104 Street or 109 Street might work a little better. Possibly in the vicinity of the Valley Line West. There are more students in that area.

^It doesn't feel like that BP's is long for this world.
It has been there a long time, so it may be time for a change, but unless there is a solid plan to build something new there it does not make sense to tear down the building, just so the whole block can be empty.

Despite the park planed the proposed development north east of it fizzled or flamed out and the one across the street seems to be being down scaled, so I am not sure there is such great demand in the area now.

Maybe in 3 to 5 years that will be different, but if BP's goes there, I suspect it would be just be replaced by another restaurant in the same building.

Yes, there are two BP's downtown, but I feel the locations and layouts probably serve somewhat different crowds at different time. There are also several Shoppers Drug Marts downtown and two hotels owned by Marriott about a block apart downtown.

TBH there is a gap in the dining in downtown Edmonton with a number of upscale places and many fast food places but not as much between. For instance no Earls or other popular chain like that, which I think is a big reason why there is room for more than one BP downtown.

I only mentioned based on conversations with the manager/owner who seemed non-comital about being there long term. Maintenance on the current building and land has also slipped quite a bit, it is looking a bit tired compared to other BP properties.

I only mentioned based on conversations with the manager/owner who seemed non-comital about being there long term. Maintenance on the current building and land has also slipped quite a bit, it is looking a bit tired compared to other BP properties.
All signs of a commercial tenancy looking to not be renewed.

I work nearby so I actually pay some attention to the BP. I think a few years ago some work was done on the roof or HVAC and it wasn't that long ago they did a renovation on the interior dining space.

They could do a bit to improve the outside landscaping, but that seems to be a common issue downtown. It may not be as fancy as some other locations or chains, but otherwise not sure what maintenance has slipped.

PXL_20240831_155712873.MP.jpg
PXL_20240831_155717308.MP.jpg
PXL_20240831_155929936.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240831_155711227.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240831_155711227.MP.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 22

Back