News   Apr 03, 2020
 8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Warehouse District Park

Hard to believe the floor tile from the previous building is still part of this parking lot next to our $45 million park.

Screenshot_20240826_135942_Messages.jpg

I want this parking lot transformed into an extension of the Warehouse Park c/w water fountain. But first, that asshole from California needs to sell the parking lot to the City.

Why didn't the City expropriate this parking lot while it was expropriating parking lots owned by Allard et al?

Yes, it would be best if the park were not blocked in the future by some building to the south for visibility, safety and accessibility. So I hope the city will eventually add some of the space to the south to the park.

And maybe we then we will even room for a very nice fountain, that they can't seem to fit into the existing space.

Yes, it would be best if the park were not blocked in the future by some building to the south for visibility, safety and accessibility. So I hope the city will eventually add some of the space to the south to the park.

And maybe we then we will even room for a very nice fountain, that they can't seem to fit into the existing space.

Where do you stop and why. I believe the City is still hopeful of mixed-used/housing on that lot.

Where do you stop and why. I believe the City is still hopeful of mixed-used/housing on that lot.
I would argue that anything beyond 2 stories on this lot would be an issue for sun-shading. That said, the project is supposed to be a catalyst, the entire idea of investing so much money into expropriating these lots was to help develop what surrounds them.

Well it hasn't happened in the last 30 or so years, but perhaps it will sometime in the future.

More importantly, I feel it would be better design for the park not to be hidden in the shadows of a building or buildings to the south of it. I don't feel that the entire space to the south would need to be park, perhaps just part of it.

Well it hasn't happened in the last 30 or so years, but perhaps it will sometime in the future.

More importantly, I feel it would be better design for the park not to be hidden in the shadows of a building or buildings to the south of it. I don't feel that the entire space to the south would need to be park, perhaps just part of it.
I agree, procuring the lot and doing a lot split with certain zoning and height restrictions gives the opportunity for a grand entrance off of Jasper. If everything else develops over time, that would look great. Then sell the second lot when values call for it.

I think we've had this discussion about 10 times in this thread.🤣

The City feels the lots along Jasper should be commercial and contiguous urban fabric. The park is meant to encourage development surrounding.

The City can seriously go pound sand.
They have an appalling lack of vision, imagination and competence.

BP's manager had actually thought about doing something like that, but I doubt it would happen or make sense to be honest.

Back