News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Warehouse District Park

That’s right

1684165381739.png

Last edited:
Over all I like it but agree a full size basketball court would have been better. Is the restaurant gone and replaced by food trucks? I am ok with a whole street or alley of food trucks instead.

I can foresee a small music festival in the making here.

Love the game tabletops and swings.

The pavilion looks like it could have a cafe type setup if there was a desire, but given its less than desirable location, would make little sense.
Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 11.05.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 11.05.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 11.08.11 AM.png

I do think it could actually be a good location for smaller outdoor shows or events. It is probably better suited than Beaverhills Park, which is used for some such things now, because it has more space and it is a bit off the main road.

It does seem more park like in the picture above and not so much concrete, which in my opinion is a good thing.

Are they really ringing the park with a "shared use" sidewalk that allows cars? Totally unnecessary.

A few more from the report - ** looks like gender neutral washroom facility, which I am not sure is the best idea for such a public space. I just told my gf that and she said that given issues Downtown that it would most certainly prevent her from using that due to the added risk.

View attachment 477107View attachment 477108View attachment 477109View attachment 477110View attachment 477111View attachment 477112View attachment 477113
That reluctance is 100% reasonable, I’m optimistic in hoping that urinals, like the toilets would be in full-length locking stalls

That reluctance is 100% reasonable, I’m optimistic in hoping that urinals, like the toilets would be in full-length locking stalls

I've been in a few gender neutral washrooms in Europe and have never seen any with urinals. All of them had stalls with toilets and full-length locking doors. I would expect the same here, though stalls with full-length locking doors could lead to the stalls being abused here by a certain type of clientele

I've been in a few gender neutral washrooms in Europe and have never seen any with urinals. All of them had stalls with toilets and full-length locking doors. I would expect the same here, though stalls with full-length locking doors could lead to the stalls being abused here by a certain type of clientele
I’m basing my hope for this because my former high school apparently just made the main washrooms gender neutral but kept urinals in stalls. Also, people who use urinals sometimes tend to treat toilets as urinals which can make for a pretty unpleasant experience for those who need to use the seat so it’d be best to have urinals as an option. With regards to abuse of stalls, they’re very likely to put anti-loiter noise deterrents in there; they have them in the public washrooms at Queen E park and it seems to work.

I’m basing my hope for this because my former high school apparently just made the main washrooms gender neutral but kept urinals in stalls. Also, people who use urinals sometimes tend to treat toilets as urinals which can make for a pretty unpleasant experience for those who need to use the seat so it’d be best to have urinals as an option. With regards to abuse of stalls, they’re very likely to put anti-loiter noise deterrents in there; they have them in the public washrooms at Queen E park and it seems to work.
What is it the deterrents they are using?

Back