News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Transit Hotel

Update on the Transit Smokehouse & BBQ: The inspector is currently on vacation, so they may not hear back on their request for approval of their temporary smoker setup until the 3rd. Also, should this be moved to the buildings section?

The owner messaged me on Facebook, asking if I'm planning on coming out anytime soon. Apparently they had a great launch for the first few months, but are now suffering a lack of business due to Omicron. I hope to check it out soon (it's been on my list for a while), and I encourage others here to try it out as well. The reviews are mixed, but they have enough good ones that I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt; especially because I don't want the transit hotel to lose its only tenant right after it opened.

The Transit Hotel Site is for sale. Weirdly on FB Marketplace but it has been confirmed by the Transit Hotel team on Twitter.

The Transit Hotel Site is for sale. Weirdly on FB Marketplace but it has been confirmed by the Transit Hotel team on Twitter.
Similar to when ATCO attempted to sell a Quonset hut - running track, gym all decked out years ago on Kijiji for their cancelled Carrot Creek Shell camp up in Peace River - I wanna say it was under 6 figures.....

Is the Transit Smokehouse restaurant still open? I've always wanted to go back. Their eats are delicious.

The owner is retiring. The realtor is the same asshat who claimed on CTV Morning Live that Macy's and Nordstorm were going to open in what is now ICE District, so take what he says with a grain of salt. I want that hotel to have a historic destination yesterday - why it hasn't already just baffles me.

Back