News   Apr 03, 2020
 8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

The Riverhawks

Really nice to see the bigger crowds! So much has changed in such a short period of time. To think that just 2 years ago I made a post on page 1 of this thread asking what can the Riverhawks do to attract more people. I hope that this continues, I really do. You know, a little off topic here but our city has seen such a big surge in intraprovincial migration. There's people moving here from all over Canada. We're a big city I tell ya, I just hope that the people in charge don't let this boom go to waste.

Have to say if the product is like my last 2 trips there they are doing OK, Have to do something about making it easier to get food. but other than that. Maybe long term is to make the concourse bigger.

Have to say if the product is like my last 2 trips there they are doing OK, Have to do something about making it easier to get food. but other than that. Maybe long term is to make the concourse bigger.
Agreed, the food and beverage lines were nuts and poorly organized, however this was likely due to the narrow concourse. If the Riverhawks continue to attract large crowds and do well, I bet a modernization/expansion of the ballpark is in the cards.

I wonder if they could just have an "exit" on the east side of the concourse main floor to exit into a secure fenced area on the Rossdale community league's parking lot with maybe some food trucks or something.

Otherwise not sure what their options would be that wouldn't require pretty significant renovations like expanding the concourse into the aluminum grand stand seating. Which would definitely be nice.

Realistically, they just need more people selling beer in the stands. I'd probably buy way more beers whilst at the games if it didn't require standing in the stuffy cramped concourse. That's where all the money is made on food & bev, anyhow.

I was just looking to see if there was a way to extend the concourse down say the left field line outdoors to the end of the outfield. Have a bit of a upper outdoor gathering space with a slim building area for food/beverage vendor areas. I'm just not sure if you would still have space below for the maintenance areas and under the stands batting cages. You would sacrifice a bit of the metal bleachers seating in this case for some standing area. The footprint of the building is kind of hemmed in pretty good for sure. I wonder if you could sacrifice a bit of outfield space (ballpark is fairly deep to have a bit of a outdoor walking concourse to a center field gathering/vendor/viewing area.

Back