The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Beyond the other proposed developments around the warehouse park, I'd love for a completed Phase 2 to eventually spur some momentum like what happened in Oliver to get two major Jasper ave parking holes filled:

-Lot #32 10605 Jasper Ave adjacent to First Candian Place
-10745 Jasper Ave between Peace Hills & bank/el furniture

I know the status/ownership of these lots has been discussed prior, probably the current hold up. I'm talking 5-10 yrs

edit: grammar

Beyond the other proposed developments around the warehouse park, I'd love for a completed Phase 2 to eventually spur some momentum like what happened in Oliver to get two major Jasper ave parking holes filled:

-Lot #32 10605 Jasper Ave adjacent to First Candian Place
-10745 Jasper Ave between Peace Hills & bank/el furniture

I know the status/ownership of these lots has been discussed prior, probably the current hold up. I'm talking 5-10 yrs

edit: grammar

This is a great project, and will definitely be a catalyst for more downtown...but there is still an issue with creating the demand for housing downtown to match the supply you want to see come on.

Hopefully that 5-10 years window you mentioned is a realistic time, but step one is definitely seeing this & The Shift get built and rented up.

The transformation cannot come soon enough.

I do wonder when downtown does start to actually achieve a critical mass of residents (optimistically 10-15 years) what the retail landscape will look like. Will we start to see more clothing stores and various brands give downtown a go finally? Will be interesting when the core reaches that crossroads.

^the general consensus has been when it his 25k residents (currently 13-14k) and so 15yrs or so....

^the general consensus has been when it his 25k residents (currently 13-14k) and so 15-20 yrs or so....

p1.jpg

Back