The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well I'm just going to pray that once demo happens that the project moves forward quickly after that. I'm not accusing this developer to be like others but I really don't want to see another project where they demolish whatever is on the site and then pause and possibly stop for whatever reason. We already have so many empty lots from years ago and we have new empty lots that's beautiful things were promised and all we have are derelict lots with very little chance of anything happening for years to come.

Queen Donair has officially moved out now, Money Mart (last tenant) is still there though
My last contact with the District Manager of the MM store there was a while ago, but it seems that they were having a new location built to move the store. They cannot afford to lose another store in the DT area (stony plain/124 st is closed for LRT construction)

My last contact with the District Manager of the MM store there was a while ago, but it seems that they were having a new location built to move the store. They cannot afford to lose another store in the DT area (stony plain/124 st is closed for LRT construction)
Wonder where they are going?

Energy Square is just a few blocks away - lots of space available right on Jasper Ave. Perhaps the gold colour is to rich for them though.😀

Energy Square is just a few blocks away - lots of space available right on Jasper Ave. Perhaps the gold colour is to rich for them though.😀
My bet is that it's too expensive for them 😂😂 MM is a VEEEEEEERY cheap company.
I'm putting my money in one of the low rise commercial buildings with vacant CRUs somewhere on Jasper ave.

My gut tells me that with Augustana not filling up, Edmonton Motors about to get underway, this one could be delayed. I have not heard from anyone for facts though

My gut tells me that with Augustana not filling up, Edmonton Motors about to get underway, this one could be delayed. I have not heard from anyone for facts though
On the other hand, I’m bullish on this because of the Central Park planned next door, City tax break, and Edmonton Motors had its financing pulled so who knows if and when it ever starts. Plus it’ll be years until occupancy so the market might be stronger as we recover from Covid.

I wouldn't mind if they just went away. 🙃 Those loan services are predatory and do much more damage than good. The government should ban them. They are dangerous and worsen cycles of poverty.
There is no disagreement with this, but the philosophy is somewhat similar to legalizing marijuana - control it, regulate it, because it is always going to exist. Without places like Money Mart the theory is that you would see proliferation of loan sharks and unsavory characters as lenders of last resort (gangs, etc).

On the other hand, I’m bullish on this because of the Central Park planned next door, City tax break, and Edmonton Motors had its financing pulled so who knows if and when it ever starts. Plus it’ll be years until occupancy so the market might be stronger as we recover from Covid.
I never heard about the financing being pulled for Edmonton Motors. That's a difference however if financing got pulled for that, I'd imagine the same developer will have issues to kick off a different tower. Again all speculation

Back