News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

The Edmonton Elks - CFL

K. It makes sense that they'd choose another "EE" name, they wouldn't have to change their branding or their merch design.
they wouldn’t have to change it but that’s putting maintaining the tradition ahead of marketing and branding. from a marketing and branding perspective they would probably be better off picking something different and having everyone buy new merchandise. that’s why the oilers are constantly doing new jerseys and retro-jerseys etc. it’s not for the look, it’s for the money.

In a historical perspective, the city hall is also a good case study of well-intended but ridicule-able first concepts... remember the cone-head jokes !

K. It makes sense that they'd choose another "EE" name, they wouldn't have to change their branding or their merch design.
Don't they want to change it though? I'm sure they will still at the very least be updating the EE designs... Brand new merch to sell! $$$$

Maybe they will update their merchandise or whatever, it’s their choice. maybe they just want to stick to EE for tradition’s sake and it being catchy? I don’t know and honestly don’t really care that much, I rarely if ever watch football anyway so 🤷‍♂️

Why fill in the change on the last name part... instead we could have the Eager Edmontonians or Ecstatic Edmontonians or Endzone Edmontonians. On the other end we could have the Edmonton Elastics (they always bounce back) or the Big E Easys -- all this if they insist on the EE. How about EEk (another loss) or EEk (another win).

Snagged this yesterday.

DSC00478.JPG

Terry Jones saying that the Edmonton Football Club will be announcing their new name today at 10am.

---

Elk, Eagles, Elkhounds, Evergreens, Evergolds, Eclipse, and Elements

---

Elk or Evergolds for me

---

Mar/21
According to information obtained by Greg McCulloch of Piffles Podcast, Edmonton quietly filed trademarks for two more potential monikers on March 1: Edmonton Energy and Edmonton Elks.

To our fans, friends and partners everywhere,

We invite you to watch the EE Football Team’s social media accounts today as we prepare for a very important announcement this morning, June 1 at 10 a.m. MT.

Thank you.

Eek! That's one suggestion that they missed. Imagine "Eek, they won by a toe" or "Eek, game's over; I need to beat the Traffic rush" or "Eek, Eek, Eek!"

Back